I need help understanding
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by F2F/FL on 7/11/12 10:10am
Msg #426360

some of messages listed on NotRot.
My business has been slowing down lately and as advised on this forum many times it has been said to go to SC and advertise yourself or sign - up with the 3,4,4 1/2 and 5 star company's or to check them and the comments about them first before working for them if they call you.
Well I decided to work down the list and contact the one's with the highest ratings but when I checked a lot of the comments made about them, most didn't have any comments that were current to this year 2012.
So my question is if they don't have any recent or fairly recent comments (good or bad) then how do I know they are still in business.
I really feel I am kinda wasting my time researching if they are not active.

I trust so many of the comments and the advise that is suggested on this forum. I know that not all of can be the best but, should I just move on to the next one if there are not current comments about them, or just trust that they are still in business and things have been slow for them also.
Maybe someone can help me understand what to do please.

I hope this made sense.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/11/12 10:21am
Msg #426364

My take only: No news is good news. Fact is, some of the best have imploded in the past, so check 'em out again if they call.

Reply by CJ on 7/11/12 11:36am
Msg #426380

Come to think of it, I have never posted on SC. But I am busy and very happy with the companies I work with. I guess when I get some free time, I will have to go on there and post something.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/11/12 11:45am
Msg #426383

In the time it took you to post that message you could have posted in SC..

Reply by F2F/FL on 7/11/12 12:10pm
Msg #426388

Thank you Lee for your insight into my mis-understanding question, as yes sometimes no new is good news.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/12/12 3:11am
Msg #426496

I think it's also a very good idea for people to realize that SC is a very imperfect tool and by it's very nature, it's not going to be 100% reliable. When you're in business, risk is always part of the equation to some extent and a major part of managing a business is deciding which risks are worth taking and which ones are not.

So I recommend using SC as a just guide. Some info hasn't been updated because there's nothing to update, some because people just haven't gotten around to it, etc. So while recent info is always preferable, it's not always going to be available, good or bad. Ultimately, you have to make your own judgments.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.