Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Internet problems, could be your modem....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by SAmobile/TX on 7/8/12 12:16pm
Msg #425992

I had been experiencing problems with my cable internet service, it seemed to be going slow, and I would have to reset the modem at least 2 to 3 times a day. It was getting pretty annoying. Whenever I called tech support, I would get the standard everything is working fine on our end, and from their end they could also check the speed of my modem which I was told was also working fine. Finally yesterday, I got fed up, and called to cancel the service. The guy I spoke to told me that they could send someone out to troubleshoot our cable lines. I happened to mention that my cable modem was over 8 years old, and we discovered this was the problem. According to the gentleman I spoke to, you should switch out your cable modem every 2 years, due to upgrades in technology. Switched out modems yesterday (for free), painless setup, now internet works like a charm!

Reply by HisHughness on 7/8/12 12:40pm
Msg #425994

Tried that same switching out approach with wives.

Didn't work nearly as well.

Reply by Carolyn Breckenridge on 7/8/12 1:40pm
Msg #425996

Like they said it might be the equipment you have. Just kidding.

Reply by ananotary on 7/8/12 1:56pm
Msg #425998

@Carolyn- LOL!!!!! Almost couldn't keep my coffe down! LOL n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 7/8/12 3:07pm
Msg #426005

Go right ahead: Laugh at my equipment.

That doesn't cut nearly as deeply as the ex wives laughing at it.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/8/12 4:15pm
Msg #426008

Re: Go right ahead: Laugh at my equipment.

Equipment, OK there is a long enough word and should result in zero problems on this forum, Right? Just trying to get one step closer to Hughness and not have to go through the learning curve.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 7/8/12 3:03pm
Msg #426004

Re: Internet problems, could be your modem.... Agree mostly

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I own my cable modem, so I probably won't change it every 2 years, but certainly I plan to check it every 4.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.