Notary Rotary
Lowballing Scum
Notary Discussion History

Lowballing Scum
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by JinCA on 7/17/12 5:03pm
Msg #427172

Lowballing Scum

TRG apparently has a California team, that does not want to pay decent fees. First they hire me for a docs to borrower with distance, and I give them a slight fee break because if borrower has docs, it is usually less of a hassle. Then it changes to e-docs, and they up the fee without consulting me, by $10.00 measly bucks. I quote my usual fee, and they say OK this time, but they would note that fee for the future. Then it changes again to overnight docs to me. I quote my usual fee for this, which is only $10.00 more, than the "break fee" I gave for docs to borrower. TRG now cancels me as Notary, via e-mail, which I don't get till I have already turned down another job which I could not do because of theirs.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/17/12 5:10pm
Msg #427174

Re: Lowballing Scum...not giving you a hard time, but

why do you charge more for docs o/n to you than you do docs o/n to borrowers? IMO it should be the other way around - docs to you at least you have the luxury of seeing them in advance and setting them up as opposed to doing it all at the table in front of the borrower. AND eliminate the risk of borrower rifling through them before you get there...

Just curious.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/17/12 5:35pm
Msg #427178

Said "edocs." n/m

Reply by JinCA on 7/17/12 5:49pm
Msg #427180

Where I live overnight docs can be a PIA due to lots of fog, and if any company other than FED EX or UPS is used I never know when docs will arrive. I was told, "Borrowers HAVE the docs" This also is easier because when I show up they hopefully have looked at the docs, so no surprises taking up time at the signing.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 7/17/12 9:42pm
Msg #427225

Consider it a blessing... You'd probably have to chase your money down anyway.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.