Notary Rotary
Marital docs
Notary Discussion History

Marital docs
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by EileenHI on 7/30/12 5:44pm
Msg #428690

Marital docs

Okay, I am feeling dumb, but it has been a very long time since I have had one of these.... a refi with only one person on the mortgage.... spouse to sign marital docs.... want to make sure I get them all, so which am I looking to have the spouse sign? Thanks for your help.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/30/12 6:04pm
Msg #428692

You should really check with title or hiring party

and let them give you Hawaii-specific instructions - every state is different. Depending on the laws it's possible the spouse doesn't sign a thing.

JMO and Good Luck!!

Reply by MW/VA on 7/30/12 6:45pm
Msg #428701

Odd that it isn't in your instructions & name's are usually

printed on the docs the spouse need to sign.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 7/31/12 7:37am
Msg #428759

Usually, think "TRIMS": T- Truth in Lending, R- Right to Cancel,,I- Itemization of Amount Financed, M- Mortgage/DOT & any Riders, S – Signature Affidavits. But like Linda said above, either check with Title..or just go with the signature lines on the docs. Maine is not a marital state and does not require marital docs signatures, but some lenders still require spousal sigs on at least those docs. Often they add spouse signature lines to additonal docs.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/31/12 10:06am
Msg #428780

If you find that two parties have to sign doc be sure to tell the BO when you confirm. I have had only one be there when I showed up. They assumed that because there was one borrower that only one had to sign the docs.

Reply by EileenHI on 7/31/12 11:52am
Msg #428793

Thank you all.... I just was checking before I received the docs.... just to make sure I wouldn't miss something that title or ss did not tell me. Of course, this morning Yahoo will not give me any email, so I might have to call title and have them email to another address. I am always grateful for the assistance this site and the folks on it, gives me when I most need it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.