Notary Rotary
Mr Number, call screener/blocker for Android phones
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Notary1/CO on 7/12/12 7:22pm
Msg #426574

Mr Number is a great time saving free application I use on my Android phone. It blocks spam calls from telemarketers or other numbers I don't want to receive, and allows users to add their comments about spam phone calls to help alert other users.

You can block unwanted calls and it will either pickup and hangup or send the call to voice mail.

For more information, see http://mrnumber.com/ or download the free phone app from https://play.google.com/store

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/12/12 7:24pm
Msg #426575

Cool...I just use the "blacklist" feature... n/m

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 7/12/12 7:45pm
Msg #426578

Is there one for the iphone? n/m

Reply by Notary1/CO on 7/12/12 8:22pm
Msg #426583

Re: Is there one for the iphone?

No. See http://support.mrnumber.com/entries/20896466-is-mr-number-available-for-iphone-blackberry-windows-or-symbian-phones

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/12/12 8:29pm
Msg #426585

Mr. Number sounds like a very useful tool. I read the reviews - 85% positive. My new phone makes it simple to avoid unwanted calls. I save the unwanted number to my contact list and label it "NUISANCE 1.....or 2.....or 3.....etc.. and check the box that says "Send calls directly to voicemail". I add the date that phone number was saved then delete it after six months. I also do that with deadbeat and lowball companies.

In my old Blackberry, I saved the number, labeled it and gave it a special ring tone which was "silent ring". So eventually those calls went to voicemail - I never heard the phone ring, nor did it vibrate.

At some point the callers you want to avoid will realize you will never answer their calls - so they stop calling.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/12/12 8:54pm
Msg #426590

I do the same as LKT/CA on the Droid X.

Reply by Notary1/CO on 7/12/12 10:01pm
Msg #426596

Mr Number uses crowd-sourced Caller ID to identify 80% of numbers. Mr Number users can report spam numbers and comments to the Mr Number database. So, if a new spammer is calling you, or if a spammer changes phone numbers, caller ID displays as Suspected Spam, which you can choose to block or not answer.

No need to enter individual numbers in your phone as nuisance numbers if the crowd has already marked it as a nuisance in the database. But, you can add any numbers you want to your block list. You can also block calls from private numbers or with no caller ID.

Blocked calls using pick up and hang up is a nice feature. No wasted time recording and listening to voice mail messages from spammers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.