Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NOW Closings. Used to be good but now not paying.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Patti Corcoran on 7/18/12 12:56pm
Msg #427280

One signing going back to May. No response to e-invoices and when I called I was told (electronically) that "no one is here at this time to take your call" from the customer service desk. I posted on SC but I'm wondering if anyone has any new info on them Thkx

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/18/12 1:26pm
Msg #427284

One of my dear Florida notary friends told me to sign up with them because they were sending her a lot of business. Then all of a sudden the calls stopped for her and she found out that they had outsourced all of their scheduling to India. This was a few months ago. Could they have outsourced everything to India? Not good.

Reply by Cam/CA on 7/18/12 1:30pm
Msg #427285

Wow. Did one in April, received check at exactly 30 days. Did one May 4, received check June 12.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/18/12 1:33pm
Msg #427287

I don't know anything about India as the next poster said. That sounds more like Altisource. In any event, I did a signing yesterday for them and have done them in the past. They have paid. You may want to go to their website and you can sign in and check the history of the signings you have done and the payment status. under the Management Tab then Manage Requests. Then Select Status: All Items (Inc. Dec/Canc). It will show everything you have ever done.

In addition:

http://nowclosings.com/Default.aspx?tabid=4762

Tells you where to followup for payment and other stuff about payment.

Good luck. Maybe just fell through the cracks. I hope so.

Barb

Reply by MW/VA on 7/18/12 1:50pm
Msg #427291

I do a lot of work for them. I've been paid up until the

end of May. I figured those would be in the next payment batch, even though it's unusual for them to run much behind 30 days.
The scheduling dept. in India makes me crazy. They call, hang up after 2 rings, leave a v/m to call back--waste of time, they have scheduled by the time I get back to them. They're impossible to deal with if there are problems at the signing or issues with incorrect docs.
As far as I know, Alex & Pablo are still running the show from NC.
Thanks for the heads up. I think we'll need to keep a close eye on payments.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/18/12 6:58pm
Msg #427337

Off-shore scheduling

re: "The scheduling dept. in India makes me crazy. They call, hang up after 2 rings, leave a v/m to call back--waste of time, they have scheduled by the time I get back to them . . ."

Thanks for explaining; I thought it was just ME! I had a signing scheduled but then it was canceled. NOW assured me I would be notified when it was re-scheduled. About a week later, I missed their call (didn't even know it rang) and called back a little over an hour later. But the "boat" had sailed and the closing had gone to someone else!

Otherwise, no problems so far with payments. I currently get most of my signings from them.

Reply by garland/CA on 7/18/12 2:25pm
Msg #427297

Paid through May. One in June/one in July outstanding...

thanks for the alert...

Reply by Barb25 on 7/18/12 2:35pm
Msg #427299

Re: Paid through May. One in June/one in July outstanding...

This is good to know. I will keep it in mind. I did not know about the India. The only stuff I do gets returned to Newhouse Title. I have spoken to NC. I have had enough with out of country scheduling with Altisource.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/18/12 3:46pm
Msg #427311

Do a couple a month for them, pay like clockwork n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/18/12 3:53pm
Msg #427313

When's the last time you got a check, Mike? n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/18/12 4:08pm
Msg #427314

Last month for work the prior month n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/18/12 4:11pm
Msg #427316

Re: When's the last time you got a check, Mike?

My only issue with NOW is I won't take work from them at EOM. They tend to run late with documents more often then I care to count. I could do more work for them but on busy day's I just say no.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/18/12 9:15pm
Msg #427341

Re: When's the last time you got a check, Mike?

For the last couple of months I had to call NC because of overdue payments. In addition I noticed that the volume of orders had dropped significantly from last year. (Never had a payment problem in all of 2011). I'm wondering if they lost some of their clients and are now struggling to make payroll. I currently have a couple of payments coming due and I'm hoping I won't need to call Alex again.
With regards to the EOM late docs I'm in agreement with you Michael. The problem that I see is not with NC being late but with New House Title sending the docs to NC. I've turned them down as well when it looks like it might negatively affect my schedule.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 7/18/12 11:17pm
Msg #427348

I never had a problem contacting them, but after having to

Remind them about a missing payment in my check for the third time, they NOW go straight to voice mail. I do not miss the constant problems with documents and difficulty understanding the schedulers.

Reply by Roxtar/CA on 7/19/12 4:12pm
Msg #427438

I used to do more for them. They usually schedule appts in advance but I got burned several times at the end of the month. Docs will often not show up and..... of course I turned down several other signings to honor theirs so I loose valuable work. I only take signings from them during the slower periods and never at busy times because their clients schedule appointment "hoping they will have docs". I let myself get burned too many times. At first I gave them another shot thinking "it may have just been a fluke thing" .... but it continued to happen. I do notice they use a call center too. The agents cannot answer any specific questions beyond scheduling and they give very pat "scripted" responses. They have always paid on time though.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.