Notary Rotary
National Loan Closers
Notary Discussion History

National Loan Closers
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Rosemarie Cacicio on 7/6/12 10:35am
Msg #425735

National Loan Closers

NATIONAL LOAN CLOSERS automatically debited my checking account for a renewal fee of $35 that I did not authorize. Unfortunately, I gave them the debit # for one year of service and they used that # again without my authorization. They are not responding to emails & phone calls which forced me to change my debit card #. This company is not listed on Notary Rotary and should not be confused with NATIONAL LOAN CLOSINGS.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/6/12 10:40am
Msg #425737

Ask your bank to reverse that charge. They should comply. In the future, cc only.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/6/12 11:56am
Msg #425749

If you do not cancel the automatic debit, they will continue

to debit your account every year at renewal time.

What they should've done (NLC) is to let you know of the upcoming/pending charge, that way you could've said no.

Once you give that one time authorization, some sites have it in the teenie tiny small print that they will continue to charge your card or account, until you tell them not to...sometimes with or without advance notice...

buyer beware here when using your cc online

Reply by dutchcloser on 7/6/12 12:26pm
Msg #425755

Re: If you do not cancel the automatic debit, they will continue

I went through this last year same thing they charged my card. I emailed and talk to some guy. I asked him to reverse the charge as I would not be renewing my subscription with them, due to the fact that I only get emails from LPC which only pays $65-85 for a closing. He said no problem and I went my way. I get a call back maybe an hour later saying that if I cancelled that I would be "blackballed" from their database I gladly said NO PROBLEM and thanks for the favor...lol.

Reply by ToniK on 7/6/12 12:09pm
Msg #425751

Uhhhh maybe login and cancel your subscription n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/6/12 12:32pm
Msg #425757

FWIW

.... call your bank, plead your case and see if they could reverse it. I know with credit cards, you can do this. Worth a try.

And BTW, why you or anybody would actually pay them for the "privilege" of working for these scoundrel/low-ballers is beyond my comprehension. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Just shows how pathetic parts of the NSA business has become.

Reply by NJDiva on 7/6/12 4:39pm
Msg #425783

It's true GG! Oh so true! n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/6/12 7:42pm
Msg #425813

Account Debit

Can't remember name of SC that sent me their package with the auto deposit form in it. I thought, at first, "how convenient." When I looked closer at the "Debit" clause, I sent form to "file 13" - no hesitation. There is absolutely NO reason for a company to debit my account.

Reply by Bill1313 on 8/18/12 3:08pm
Msg #430958

Re: It's true GG! Oh so true!

Bad company..

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.