Notary Rotary
Nationwide Settlement & Escrow
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by notary/OR on 7/25/12 12:25pm
Msg #428006

Anyone??? Any comments for this company, good or bad?

Reply by notary/OR on 7/25/12 12:38pm
Msg #428013

Re: Nationwide Settlement & Escrow - Feedback please!! n/m

Reply by Frances Kany on 7/25/12 1:07pm
Msg #428017

Re: Nationwide Settlement & Escrow - Feedback please!!

I did a job for them on June 19 and when I did not get a check by July 23 I called. I was told, after they researched and I had to send them a copy of my confirmation that another notary in another state was sent the check. She cashed it and they asked me to speak with her to get my money. I refused. I asked them to send me another check. They agreed but I haven't gotten a check yet. Due to the fact that they appear unorganized and it is now past the net 30 which are my terms I will not work for them again. You can take this and make your own decision. I know that I was unable to find out much about them when they called me so I took a chance. I will post on SC once I get the check and it clears the bank.

Good luck.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/25/12 3:05pm
Msg #428044

They sent the check to another notary & you're supposed

to call the other notary. What bs!!! It was their accounting mistake.

Reply by Frances Kany on 7/26/12 8:18am
Msg #428107

Re: They sent the check to another notary & you're supposed

Exactly. I am not a spring chicken and I have been in this business long enough to know better than to try to get my money from another notary. Their mistake, they must fix but I will report in SC as soon as I get my check or there has been enough time to have gotten it.

Reply by Les_CO on 7/25/12 1:23pm
Msg #428018

My policy is …never lend strangers money. If you don’t know them, and no one else knows them, do you really want to extend them credit? If I don’t know the caller or have never heard of them, or can’t (easily) find info on them, and they really want and need me, they can pay via PayPal, or call someone else. Yes, I know I may not get some jobs, but I don’t work for free, and I don’t chase my money.

Reply by Frances Kany on 7/25/12 1:26pm
Msg #428022

Me either Les as a general rule but I took this one on the fly and it was a while before I got a chance to research. I won't work for them again, I assure you that.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 7/25/12 3:04pm
Msg #428043

I accepted a refi with them and when the borrower did not return my call, I requested an alternate number.
They pulled the job so as not to inconvenience me!

Reply by Sarah Clay on 8/17/12 10:32am
Msg #430799

I did a closing on July 25th and it states in the contract payment will be processed withing 15 days of signing date. I have not seen or heard from them.. I have emailed them with no response. I have called both numbers I have including the after hours number and get nothing but a voicemail.. They were quick to blow my phone up regarding the closing and prompt but not so sure about the payment end at this time...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.