Notary Rotary
Need to vent, sry
Notary Discussion History

Need to vent, sry
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by bfnotary on 7/10/12 12:27pm
Msg #426237

Need to vent, sry

any notary who takes under $xxx.00 needs to be slapped. It is just ridiculous to undercut yourselves just to make a quick buck, and not to mention, your not making crap taking low ball offers. Do the math. If you can't do simple math, you should not be in any professional field, especially in charge of your own businesses. I live in Erie Pa, and I know people in my area are taking crap offers. Sad it is. Sorry had to vent. Hopefully them low ball notaries are reading this. I know for a fact someone in the area is traveling 60 miles one way for under $XXX.00.. That is awful.

Sorry I am done venting now.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 7/10/12 12:43pm
Msg #426239

ya, today: 150 pages x 2, full fax back $75. right... n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/10/12 12:46pm
Msg #426240

Even if they can't do the math, those going that distance for a low fee will soon realize that they don't have money for gas, paper, toner, and any living expenses. They'll probably just leave this business, wondering why they could not make a go of it. For you, hopefully that will be soon. After it happens, the TCs and SSs calling you will likely be more agreeable to paying your fee.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 12:49pm
Msg #426242

I know, I hope they don't make it very long. I just don't get how people actually think they will make money doing that. I could see maybe if it was your next door neighbor or somthing, but 60 miles one way. Crazy.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 7/10/12 12:52pm
Msg #426243

Who died, and made you notary sheriff?

I would think that you would be happy that those "unfit" notaries would price themselves out of the business. That just clears the deck for you to show your superior notary and business skills to those companies that hire the unfit.

Once again, I will ask. Did you pay MSRP for any vehicle you may have bought? Or did you haggle with the dealer, and get a lower price? If so, did you go back to that dealer for any service you may have needed? If you did you just dealt with a business, who does not meet your idea of a well run business.

It's America, there will always be someone who will be the low price business, and maybe will never make a great profit, or for that matter not one at all. Your chore as well as everyone who competes against this type of outfit is to showcase your skills being worth the price you ask, and beat these people using other means.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 12:59pm
Msg #426244

Re: Who died, and made you notary sheriff?

did you not see the title (need to vent). That is exactly what I was doing. And telling low ball accepting notaries off at the same time. They make it so hard for the rest of them. And yes there is one notary I know for sure of in my area, that is a dead beat. She is registered on this forum as well. I have gotten about 10-15 calls in the past 2-3 months to fix her errors and no shows, She tends to just no show. And when she does call and cancel, which is more rare, She calls the borrowers too and says the signing has been cancelled. She is a total idiot. (probably the main low ball too). I am hoping she isn't in business to long, and all the rest of the notaries who know nothing about business. To the ones who know what I am talking about, good luck to you all. To the ones who take less than $xxx.00 on a regular basis, I hope you fail miserably. And those are my opinions. And probably alot of others too, whether they admit it or not.

Why do you think the companies offer such low fees, because people take them.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 1:04pm
Msg #426245

I also have several companies that now call me on a regular basis. I have shown them I have the skills to do it and do it well. And the repeat ones I have never offer me less than $xxx.00. It can be done people. And I bend over backwards for most of the companies I have worked with, even the ones that call me very last minute because a particular notary no showed, or made errors. I have landed those companies because of it. (maybe not all signings they have, but quite a few of them), i know there isn't really loyalty in this business. But I refuse to take low ball offers. ( I do once in a while give a little break for lots of business but it is still $xxx.00)

Reply by jba/fl on 7/10/12 1:15pm
Msg #426246

There's an old saying: A fast nickel is better than a slow dime.

There are those who use this as a guide. Philip's right. Didn't say a thing about liking it....neither of us. You have WalMart and Nordstroms....and everything in between. If you don't find your own niche, you will be a flash in the pan.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/10/12 1:32pm
Msg #426247

Well Slap Me Silly Then....

.....cuz I am one of those low ball notaries you are speaking of......you know......the ones just to make a quick buck, the ones who you say should not be in any professional field, especially in charge of their own businesses, and the ones you so graciously have said you hope they fail.

There is a time and a place for $xxx.00 closings, but there is also a time and a place for the occasional $xx.00 closings as well. I'm not going to drive 60 miles one way for $xx.00, but if a title company calls me for a closing paying $xx.00 and I am driving 3 - 9 minutes, I'd be a fool not to take that one. Or if a title company calls me for a closing paying $xx.00 and the borrower already has the documents and I won't be printing anything, I'm going to accept that closing.

So while the notary down the street from me is sitting here on Notary Rotary venting about how they won't take a closing for under $xxx.00, I'm going to go out and do five $xx.00 closings right here in my neighborhood and then you tell me who at the end of the day made a profit. That's simple math!

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/10/12 2:24pm
Msg #426249

Re: Well Slap Me Silly Then....

You can whack me in a few cases too. I had one last mo that was 0 cost except a little time, Bo had docs, it was a block away, so I took my stuff on a walk around the block. Out and home in less than an hour for 90 bucks, I would take that all day

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 2:39pm
Msg #426250

Do you happen to live in a very rural area like I do, Probably not, and if you do, then yes you are a fool. Very Very rarely, is there a signing even on my side of town, let alone a few minutes minutes from me, And I would take less if they were over night docs, or borrower has docs, I am referring to edocs, and travel time. And if you travel further than 5 minutes and take $75.00 with edocs, dang fool is all that comes to mind with that. (do you know gas prices, and toner costs, not to mention self employment taxes, unless you ripping off the system), I don't know, lots of fees in this and 75 just dont cut much profit if any. Wow people come on now.. seriously. I got Pm's saying fees used to be over 200, and close to 300, hmm... why do you think they are not now? people like you. And no I am not saying charge an arm and leg, but $75, come on now. That is just ridiculous.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/10/12 4:20pm
Msg #426268

did I say 75 bucks? or are replying to the wrong person?

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 4:23pm
Msg #426270

was replying to pegit. I would do that too for 90 bucks, (no printing, and a block or so away, not even any gas), That would be worth it.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/10/12 7:56pm
Msg #426308

Get your facts straight!

I didn't say $75.00......I have no idea where you are coming up with your facts, or your numbers. While you have been on here venting about the fees, reading all your pm's about $300.00 closings, and judging all of us low ball notaries, I went out and did three closings all for $xx.00 each. And yes I do know gas prices, toner prices, paper prices, self employment tax, and no I am not beating the system.....just running a profitable business.

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/10/12 6:23pm
Msg #426288

I took on for $75. A block from me with overnight docs.

no printing , no driving

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:36pm
Msg #426318

Sry just now responding to posts, I would do 75 with no edocs that close to home as well (depending on the company), If you figure in edocs, most companies pay 25 for edocs, that fee would have been 100 with edocs, that is acceptable, I am totally referring to people taking 90 bucks for a 60 mile drive one way. With edocs. That is not cool.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/10/12 7:20pm
Msg #426303

PegiTMN....your post is SILLY.....

.....and so are the other posts that claim they'll take $XX for a signing down the block and docs are with borrower. No DUH!!!! Who wouldn't take signings for $XX where the notary prints nothing and walks to the next block over for the signing.....

<<<I'm not going to drive 60 miles one way for $xx.00, .....>>>

BINGO! ...that's what the OP is talking about.

<<<......but if a title company calls me for a closing paying $xx.00 and I am driving 3 - 9 minutes, I'd be a fool not to take that one. Or if a title company calls me for a closing paying $xx.00 and the borrower already has the documents and I won't be printing anything, I'm going to accept that closing.>>>

NOT what the OP is talking about. OP is not addressing no-print, 3 - 9 miles away signings which are the exception and not the rule of lowball fee signings. Lowball signings typically involve 100+ pages, edocs, and travel - and possibly faxbacks.

<<<So while the notary down the street from me is sitting here on Notary Rotary venting about how they won't take a closing for under $xxx.00, I'm going to go out and do five $xx.00 closings right here in my neighborhood and then you tell me who at the end of the day made a profit. That's simple math!>>>

The "notary down the street sitting here on Notary Rotary venting" is talking about the typical lowball fee signing - the rule. You and the few others are talking about the exception - overnight docs and borrowers live down the block or a few miles away - apples and oranges.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:38pm
Msg #426319

Re: PegiTMN....your post is SILLY.....

Thanks lkt that is exactly what I meant. I will be the first to B*(&* about people taking lowball offers, however, If the signing is close to me, or overnight docs, That is totally different. I would do that depending on circumstances.

Reply by LynnNC on 7/10/12 2:06pm
Msg #426248

I find that fees today generally range from $90 tp $!25, with a few at $150. I accept closings in that range and make my decision to accept at the low end based on distance traveled, size of package and repeat business.

Most of my business is with regular sources and I have a good relationship with them.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 2:41pm
Msg #426251

I agree, but this notary i am referring to took a signing for less than 100, and it was 60 mile one way. That is my venting purpose.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/10/12 2:55pm
Msg #426252

did this notary tell you that?

Were I a scheduler and I was trying to fill an order, I would offer as low as possible....never know who will bite. If after a certain period of time the order were still unfilled, I would probably meet someone's fee or get into serious negotiation and strike a deal. The last person may just be getting what you quoted. As a scheduler I would not start backing up either - always forward.

So unless the other notary told you, you are assuming. And we all know about Assume.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 3:23pm
Msg #426255

That is a very good question. Actually no, the notary did not tell me, however a confirmation was sent to me on accident. I called them and asked why I had gotten a confirmation, and they stated they sent it to the wrong person. (however they had previously called me, told them my quote, said they would get it approved by title, blah, blah).

Reply by jba/fl on 7/10/12 4:57pm
Msg #426277

Oh....careless aren't they? n/m

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 7/10/12 5:35pm
Msg #426285

Accident? I don't think so.

I had the same thing happen. A company called me with a low ball offer and when I said no, they sent me the confirmation for the notary who took it. I guess they were trying to show me how unreasonable I was being!!

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:41pm
Msg #426321

Re: Accident? I don't think so.

Ha you may be absolutely correct donna.

Reply by NJDiva on 7/10/12 3:26pm
Msg #426256

Belinda you may want to be careful what you say when you

live in a glass house.

You quickly talk trash about a person who accepts crap for a fee, yet I would assume that at least they work for companies that PAY their notaries and don't rip others off.

You proudly announced here that you were smarter than all of us because you got paid by paypal from NON-PAYING deadbeats who steal from other notaries. It was definitely someone else's pay because the one you did wasn't paid for yet.

So, though I agree with you on this, I find it rather perplexing that you have the audacity to degrade others in the public forum.

Quietly just step away from the computer before you put the other foot in your mouth too.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 3:36pm
Msg #426258

Re: Belinda you may want to be careful what you say when you

honey you are one that talks trash on everyone....and i do repeat everyone. You hardly have anything nice to say to anyone. Yes I did get paid in advance by this company you are referring to, and the only reason i did, is because i did a search and there were some mixed reviews, so I took it upon myself to ensure I got paid. And yes that was my choice, however I got paid. End of story. And I will continue to do that (only for companies with mixed reviews).. I would never do that for companies like genuine title, etc. (no good reviews what so ever).. I did not put my foot in my mouth. I DO NOT take low ball fees like some of you on here. And this post had nothing to with getting paid, If I remember correctly it was about taking low pays. But then again, I usually keep to the original post. (unlike others that bring up stuff from the past), i wont mention any names. I have gotten paid in advance from some 3 star companies fro SC as well, or should I not do that? Hmm, i remember a bunch of people telling me to sign up with 3-5 star companies in SC when i first started. I did that, and some of the 3 stars had mixed reviews, so I get pre payed to do it, if i chose to. But either way. I won't take low ball fees (what OP was about).

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 3:39pm
Msg #426259

Re: Belinda you may want to be careful what you say when you

Oh just to add, I got 16 PM's from people whom agreed with the way I handled the pay pal with that particular company. They don't post on the forum because of you and a very few select others. Just an FYI

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/10/12 7:58pm
Msg #426310

Then You Should Have Said That In Your Original Post.....

.....but you came on here attacking all notaries that take signings for less than $xxx.00. Read your original post.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:40pm
Msg #426320

Re: Then You Should Have Said That In Your Original Post.....

I know I did do that but shortly after, I re wrote a few things, making it more clearly of what i meant. Sorry for the confusion. I was in a mood when I wrote the original post due to the fact the company that did this, I used to enjoy working for. It wasn't a typical lowball company. And I left a few things out in my vent. I am sorry for that.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/10/12 3:14pm
Msg #426254

I think you might want to view this from a different

perspective. If your competition is that careless & doesn't know what they're doing, they are actually helping your business. It's harder in a highly competitive area, where the competition is sharp.
There are low-ball offers out there these days. I don't take them & don't really care if someone else does. Focus on building your business with excellent service & choose who you work for. Also, being "cert. & bgc" with the XYZ organization may give you a competitive edge for now. I don't give that organization any of my money anymore either.

Reply by janCA on 7/10/12 3:44pm
Msg #426260

When I see these, "if you accept less than $ XXX.00",

I have to chuckle. Why can't you just put the dollar amount as $100.00? And I have to say, from my perspective, that is still too low. It's all about working smarter, not harder and for $75 from a title company, I think that's just sad.

I had an SS call me a couple of weeks ago and I asked him what fee was he willing to pay. He stated $100, and I said for a regular refi with nothing extra I charge $125. He was annoyed and said that $100 was an industry standard. Uh, since when? I've been charging SS's $125 for years now.

Another SS called me on Friday. They're new, I believe September/'11 they started advertising on NR. Again, the conversation went, "what fee are you willing to pay"? He came back at me with "what is your normal fee". I said $125, blah, blah, blah. Oh, he said, that's what we get from the title company and we deal in volume, about 2000 a month. So do the math on that when you accept these fees. Who's really making the bucks from your hard work????

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 3:52pm
Msg #426262

Re: When I see these, "if you accept less than $ XXX.00",

Ok, this company called me, asked me what my normal fee is for that area, I told them my normal fee for that area is 175 but however I could do it for them for 150 since they call me quite a bit. Which imo Is really low for 120 miles round trip to begin with, But the confirmation I received on accident was for $90, and this company typically pays me 100-125 in my area. They found a notary to travel that far for 90 that is why i am so annoyed.

Reply by janCA on 7/10/12 4:02pm
Msg #426264

I rarely travel outside a 20 miles radius. And if I do,

I charge a travel fee. Otherwise, it's just not cost effective.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 4:16pm
Msg #426267

Re: I rarely travel outside a 20 miles radius. And if I do,

here on average the travel one way is 20-30 miles in this county. If you move into surrounding counties they can range from 50-100. Those counties don't have hardly any notaries, and they are really out in the sticks, Deer, Bears, Wolfs, You name it, bending windy roads, hilly, etc... (90 bucks to go that far in those conditions, heck no) I mean if you get a signing in Erie, which is very rare that one is actually in the city, most are in suburbs, then you are lucky, lol. Then the travel can be 5-15 miles on average to get to a signing.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/11/12 3:52pm
Msg #426423

Re: When I see these, "if you accept less than $ XXX.00",

The person who took that is a fool, imo. If you assume they had to travel the same distance and you just look @ 120 miles RT @ $.55/mi (approx what the IRS allows as a deductible EXPENSE to cover all operating costs - not just gas), that's $66 right there. Plus paper and toner, etc. So that person was lucky to have made minimum wage on that job. Factor in taxes, other admin costs, etc. and they probably lost money. Not too smart.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/10/12 4:06pm
Msg #426265

Thumbs up :-) n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 4:11pm
Msg #426266

Re: I think you might want to view this from a different

I did the the certification and bgc with xyz, only because one of the companies that calls me on a regular basis requires it, so it was worth it for me to do, I have made 20x more that what it cost to do it, just from that one company. So it was a good investment for me at the time, however if my business slows down with them, i will not renew it. I don't need it, I trained really well before I ever did my first signing. I wasn't to lost when I got my first call. Imo, training comes with experience, not an online course. I wish they didn't require it. Same with becoming a notary at least in pa. Most courses are online. I was going to take an in person course, however it was cancelled at last minute, so I did it online. But I already knew most of this prior to becoming a notary. (my mom is a notary). So i learned alot from her.

But the reason I became a notary was because I love doing it, I don't do it for the extra money. I love it, well most of it, I don't like getting low ball offers, ( i may love my job, but i am not going into debt for other companies to make money). And I don't like some snobby notaries that were once new themselves, now they think they queen *&*&. Those are the only 2 parts I don't like. Have a wonderful month everyone.

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/10/12 4:22pm
Msg #426269

First of all, you have the right to vent on here without the short list of usuals smugly barking back at you. This has been an issue since the get-go with me. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and it is a matter of class to just keep your mouth shut rather than verbally responding in a rude way. Those with class do, and those without don't. There is a right and wrong way to express your opinion - the smug few on here only know how to berate vs. be helpful. It's like they WANT to insight a riot because their lives apparently are so boring or as I said they have no class. They make many run to the PM and post in fear of reprisal of posting under Notary Talk.

I quote my rates based on mileage since that is my biggest expense at the end of the month. In reference to showing $xxx.00 vs. the actual amount, I don't mind showing that I charge $100 for a signing within the city, anything outside the city gets pumped up to cover the time and mileage. Sometimes I feel I should request more because those that call me month to month usually accept my rate without question!!

Back to Belindas original post, I would only accept a $90 signing if I was getting many other higher priced jobs, and the job was in my immediate neighborhood. I, personally, have not had any like that to date.

If I was aware of someone in the area that was routinely undercutting my rates, I too would be miffed, and there again have the right to voice it here without getting my throat cut by my peers. You know who you are.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 4:31pm
Msg #426271

Thank you karla. I am glad someone agrees with me. I do feel alot better now that I vented. Lol. I know that notary will be out of business soon enough. only time will tell. (well I am a little upset again since cheryl posted but oh well). She has nothing better to do than bring up things from the past and hold a grudge. Lol. I have better things to do, ( I haven't had any signings today, which is kinda good) I got to spend the entire day with my wild and crazy kids. Was kinda fun. So when they went down for nap, I got on here for a bit to see what was up, (which is when I saw that confirmation in my email). Then I got mad, posted here, calmed down, and got mad again when I saw her post. But now I am calm again hehe. Kids are awake, they usually cheer me up. Since my 3 yr old first thing she said to me when she woke up "mommy, your my best friend in the whole world" Makes me wanna cry. lol and forget all the negativity on here. Why have negativity when you have the best kids in the world. Have a good day Karla, and thanks for backing me up on this.

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 7/10/12 5:03pm
Msg #426278

Good answer Karla. n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 7/10/12 7:21pm
Msg #426304

Chocolates for a fabulously stated post, Karla. n/m

Reply by Richard Caddell on 7/10/12 4:48pm
Msg #426274

I was a newbie a few years ago. I took the low ball offers just for experience. Luckily, I don't depend on this for a living like a lot of other people. But, I learned after about 3 of those that they are looking for the lost cost. That's why they called---I was new and they knew it. They don't call much anymore. Only one, occasionally, when they want the highest offer. Then they start working down from there. Kinda funny. I ask them when the want a quote, "Are you offering me the job?" They always something like" "No, but, if you are available, how much would you do it for?" I feel sorry for the schedulers. They have to put up with my, uh, guff. Ha Ha.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 5:27pm
Msg #426283

it is a little different if you are new, before i knew any better, my first month, I took a few $85 signings. Ya I was a little dumb. But the particular notary I am referring to is not new, she was a notary before I ever was. I am not sure how she is still in business.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/10/12 6:34pm
Msg #426291

Fuzzy math

I don't really much care how PegiT conducts her business, however, I am amused by her post (as I always am by similar posts):

<<So while the notary down the street from me is sitting here on Notary Rotary venting about how they won't take a closing for under $xxx.00, I'm going to go out and do five $xx.00 closings right here in my neighborhood and then you tell me who at the end of the day made a profit. That's simple math!>>

Simple math is: "How many signings can one notary do "right here in my neighborhood" at five a day and continue to make a profit? Not very long. In no time at all, one would run out of houses even if every single neighbor refied.

Reminds me of notaries who, when kicked around on NR for taking loball fees, act shocked and respond: "Well, I have to feed my family!" Gee, don't we all eat?

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/10/12 6:47pm
Msg #426297

Re: Need to vent

This post makes me Sad . . .

Your quote was: "The reason I became a notary was because I love doing it, I don't do it for the extra money. I love it, well most of it, I don't like getting low ball offers, ( i may love my job, but i am not going into debt for other companies to make money). And I don't like some snobby notaries" . . .

Is it just ME or is anyone else having trouble identifying the "snobby notaries?"
Shouldn't "venting" in a public forum be tempered with reasonableness? Isn't it equally true that all motivations (as you state above) are not the same?
Nothing is always "black and white" (which is understood by emotionally mature individuals).

Also, I would hate to think that my colleagues considered me a "dead beat" if I accepted a signing 40 miles away (from where???) for a fee THEY didn't consider reasonable - and then rant about it, not knowing all the facts, especially that my parents live 40 miles from me and if I decided to take a job in their neighborhood for a fee I wouldn't normally give thought to, just because I was visiting them already . . .

Reply by Debra-owner California Cartazs on 7/10/12 7:38pm
Msg #426306

NVLSady/Va

Notary Rotary don't have a like button so I have to comment. I totally agree with you, not enough information is known about the notary who accepted said job to make a decision as to why the notary accepted the job. All is known is the approximate fee and or zip code of home based. We don't know this notary scheduled or business plan/model? This could just be the reason why notary fees are low to one notary and very attractive to another notary.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:46pm
Msg #426322

Well the signing that was to take place, was 2 and half weeks from now. Anyone who does signings knows that alot of them are a few days notice, a week at most, and of course alot of very last minute ones. So I am pretty sure she doesn't have anything going on out that way on that specific day. But then again, i am just assuming. But either way this same notary, i have had to do several last minute signings since she just cancels, or no calls all the time. She is 100% a bad notary. She will be out of business soon enough.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/10/12 8:12pm
Msg #426313

Since GNW is lucrative in California, I focus on that and get regular business from it. I became a notary mainly for GNW and for me, signings are just the icing on the cake. What's sadder than notaries accepting lowball signing fees is hiring entities who are willing to enlist ill-equipped, lowball SAs at the cheapest price to facilitate the handling of a real property ($xxx,xxx) transaction - one of the most important financial transactions a borrower will have.

<<<And yes there is one notary I know for sure of in my area, that is a dead beat. She is registered on this forum as well. I have gotten about 10-15 calls in the past 2-3 months to fix her errors and no shows,......>>>

Talk to Marian, CA - she has a good ole time enjoying the big fees she gets from clean-up work.

I wouldn't get too upset at the lowball notaries - they're working at a loss so they really haven't taken anything away from anyone else. In fact, their screw-ups mean we clean up their messes at a fat fee <grin>!

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/10/12 8:27pm
Msg #426317

Here is My Take On This Entire Thread....

......Notaries who accept a lower fee for closings are not the same as notaries who make messes that other notaries have to clean up. Please do not lump them into the same category. There were a couple of posters on here who have bravely admitted that they have accepted closings for under $xxx.00 (depending upon the circumstances of course) and I certainly do not feel that they deserve to be beat up on for how they run their business.

Like I said before, there is a time and a place for the $xxx.00 closings and there is a time and a place for the $xx.00 closings. I think that we are all smart enough to know what our overhead is when we accept a particular fee for a closing.

As far as the notaries go that are dead-beats and do the closings wrong or don't even bother to show up for closings, well then those are the one's that need to go away.

JMO

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:50pm
Msg #426324

Re: Here is My Take On This Entire Thread....

I agree with you, but in this particular circumstance, it is the same notary that did both. And the circumstance is, she doesn't live that far from me, and the signing was actually 64 miles from me, one way. which even at the least it would have been 55-60 from her, maybe more. And that made me think of those other things about her.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/10/12 9:44pm
Msg #426329

Re: Here is My Take On This Entire Thread....

Accepting a signing 3 miles away and the borrowers have the docs for a fee of $xx is not the same as an edoc signing 60 miles away (one way) for a fee of $xx and not what the OP addressed. Even YOU said you wouldn't accept $xx to travel 60 miles one way, therefore, you agree that a fee of $xx is lowball for that distance.

<<<Like I said before, there is a time and a place for the $xxx.00 closings and there is a time and a place for the $xx.00 closings. >>>

IMO, there is NEVER a time/place for a $xx signing located 60 miles one way - ever. But let's use your scenario of the borrower having the docs and the signing is 3 miles away. Here's what the borrower's get from me for a signing fee of $xx.....NO full SA services. I'd only notarize the pages that needed it, the borrowers would be responsible for signing the rest of the package on their own, would be responsible for shipping docs to TC, and I get paid at the table. That's MY criteria for a signing fee of $xx. JMHO

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/10/12 10:47pm
Msg #426337

Re: I disagree, Lisa

You're either a professional or not.

When I accept a signing I do it right no matter what the fee. You Owe the borrowers that much.

To do it the way you describe is a disservice to the borrowers, and you should be ashamed of yourself lowering your standards like that.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/12/12 4:07am
Msg #426497

Re: I disagree, Lisa

Buddy, I suspect Lisa was giving you a hypothetical and that she would probably not even accept a signing like that unless all they requested was for the docs needing it to be notarized - and I doubt she would do so with the intention of providing less than "professional" service. BTW, one can be professional while providing just general notary service vs. a full loan signing as long as the terms are agreed upon up front. Lisa will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong - if she sees this. Wink

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 8:48pm
Msg #426323

I am going to start thinking of it like that LKT. Thanks for that post. You are so right.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/10/12 10:09pm
Msg #426331

Don't have a dog in this hunt. Just wanted to point out ...

... that we have a new intra-thread posting record.

Including the initial post, the OP in this thread posted 22 times. Now THAT'S stirring the pot!

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/10/12 10:18pm
Msg #426332

LMAO at Hugh.... n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 7/10/12 10:28pm
Msg #426333

Re: Don't have a dog in this hunt. Just wanted to point out ...

Responding to everyone is all i am doing. If you look at my posts, and who my responses are to, you will see I read and I respond, that way people know whom i am responding to, so this must make 23? Ah well !!

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/11/12 12:40am
Msg #426345

SO with all that you had to respond to, I have to ask, IS YOUR VENT SORE?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.