Notary Rotary
Needing a lot of help today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 7/27/12 3:43pm
Msg #428345

I accepted a RM app signing for 7/28. Confirm states fax backs, ok. But there are about 5 items that the bo needs to have copied for me and it states to be prepared to take digital pics if not copied. I am not super techie. I have a phone which takes pics (but they come out small?) and I can't email from my phone and I have an old canon digital that has not downloaded on my new hp laptop and don't know why. I guess I will have to figure it out somehow or just go to kinkos. I am not complaining but a lot more work for less $.

Reply by Sha/CA on 7/27/12 3:47pm
Msg #428346

Charge accordingly ;-) n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 7/27/12 3:57pm
Msg #428348

Everybody has a camera phone nowadays that they can email from. You are the last remaining person in North America who does not have one, as of eight weeks ago when I finally gave up my flip phone. Ask the borrowers to take the pictures and email them to you.

Reply by CentralNY on 7/27/12 4:15pm
Msg #428351

I do have a camera phone. Have to master it but I just spoke to bo and she does have the copies required. I did a test and the pics don't come out that great. I know enough stupid for one day.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/27/12 4:18pm
Msg #428354

I had a camera phone, but like you, small pics

I *just* got a Smart Phone...my very first...and now wonder why I didn't do it long ago.

Been there...know your feeling..

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 7/27/12 4:25pm
Msg #428357

I understand that they are going to begin including a

12 year old kid with new smartphones.
You will need to feed it once in a while.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 7/27/12 4:49pm
Msg #428364

Cute, Bob.

Smile

Reply by CentralNY on 7/27/12 5:04pm
Msg #428368

Re: Cute, Bob.

I recently got a droid and am ashamed to say I returned it for a normal one. Very touchy and way too much for me. I have actually had to learn a lot through trial and error technically as we all have in this biz, just can't do that phone and it was very expensive and the constant charging. I really don't even see how a digital camera could get good enough quality either for the doc copying.

Reply by Kathy/NJ on 7/27/12 5:20pm
Msg #428373

I've had several of these. Even when the BO says the copies are made, they usually aren't, or they aren't clear enough. I had one tell me that they had a copier and would copy whatever I needed when I got there. Well, a half hour later, we were finally ready to go. Learned to never do that again! I'm thinking of picking up one of the handheld scanners, it sounds like they are good.

Reply by CentralNY on 7/27/12 5:29pm
Msg #428374

I know we have to be accomodating, especially to the elderly, but if they really want the loan get the copies prior to signing, somehow.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/27/12 5:45pm
Msg #428377

You may want to invest in a magic wand. Love mine n/m

Reply by bfnotary on 7/27/12 9:31pm
Msg #428400

That is what i am going to get one of these days, My phone takes pics, but not very high quality. (at least till i manage to get my android, lol) I will hopefully have that maybe the end August. I was going to get it this month, well....that didn't happen. To much to do, lol. But even when I do get it, I will probably get one of those scanner wands. Lol those are self explanatory. It is going to take me 6 months to figure out how to use the phone when i get it. lol.

Reply by Patricia/VT on 7/27/12 5:58pm
Msg #428379

A client recommended an app called "TurboScan" that I have found useful.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/28/12 10:07am
Msg #428443

Just googled this app. Sounds like a good solution. For $1.99 how can you go wrong. Thanks.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/27/12 7:09pm
Msg #428383

Cheap Solution

Years ago, I bought a lightweight copy machine for 40 dollars. I take it with me to signings but leave it in the car. If borrower failed to make copies of items as requested during the confirmation call, then I retrieve the copier and take care of it.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/28/12 9:22am
Msg #428438

Same here, love it!

I bought a Canon PC on ebay for around the same price.
Very small, extremely portable, still in use today!
However, I looked at them on ebay today, cheapest was $99.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.