Notary Rotary
Notary Seal delivered in a opened envelope
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by SE12ER on 7/23/12 12:52pm
Msg #427694

I ordered a second notary seal and when it arrived, the USPS priority mail envelope was opened. I am little worried that someone might take a copy of the seal. Any sugguestions what should I do? I am planning to write the SOS regarding the incident. Thanks in advance.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 3:18pm
Msg #427735

That's a tough one. Did the USPS give any indication that they opened it because they suspected the contents of the pkg? You have no way of knowing if the security of your seal has been breached. I'd also let the party you ordered from know. Do you think a pkg. like that should require a signature?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/23/12 3:41pm
Msg #427739

Since it's California.... just cover yourself. Report it to them in writing, via a certified letter/return receipt. Chances are, nothing happened, but if you have it on record with them, if there ever is an issue that pops up, at least you have it properly reported.

It needs to be reported to them, too, because the SOS monitors seal manufacturers, so if what you report is one of several problems reported to them, they could look at the manufacturer's permit, or at the very least, contact to let them know what happened.

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 7/24/12 5:59am
Msg #427810

If you order them from NR

I believe they come wrapped in plastic. I always get the Brother 2260. For the member price you cant beat it. Harry wraps it in bubble wrap and tapes it. Drive me nuts trying to get the d#$n thing out.Smile Reminds me of trying to unhinge a Bratz doll from its box for my daughter!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.