Notary Rotary
Notary approved Lists
Notary Discussion History

Notary approved Lists
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by phenom/CA on 7/24/12 12:18pm
Msg #427865

Notary approved Lists

Does any one know how to get on Fidelity National Title or First American Title's approved Notary list?

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/24/12 1:40pm
Msg #427889

Perhaps by contacting those companies and asking, and then following their requirements. Not intended to be snide. Am I missing something?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/24/12 1:48pm
Msg #427893

I don't know that it means much...

You have to provide them with references, background check, proof of $100K E&O, experience, etc., much of the usual stuff. For some people it's worth it, others not so much. I'd been told that in some of the regions/divisions, you can only get on the list by being referred by another approved notary.

If you've gone through the ServiceLink approval process, it's pretty much the same deal. SL is a division of Fidelity, though they tell you it's not the same list... they all work out of the same database or call whoever they can find when they need you. I got called from all of the Fidelity divisions, still do, and I am not on the "official" list.

I gave up on SL when they started harassing notaries to accept $65/$75 package fees. What's the point in being on their approved list if they don't pay you well?

Reply by janCA on 7/24/12 3:55pm
Msg #427915

Re: I don't know that it means much...

In order to be on a Fidelity or First American approved list, you have to go through your local officse and for Fidelity, it has to be I believe the Branch Manager or the person in charge of the escrow department, something to that effect.

First American, also, local, could be an escrow officer.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/24/12 4:18pm
Msg #427918

Re: I don't know that it means much...

Thanks, Jan... I knew it was something along those lines, and involved some extra effort. I know that they have directives to go to the list first, then to an outside, approved, signing service after that. I'm still not sure it's worth the effort, though... but then, I know that I'm not on the list and I get calls from them all the time, as well as their affiliated services. Maybe because I don't have a lot of competition in my immediate area? I haven't tried. Their local offices (First American) know who I am, but I've never asked to be on the list. Next time I'm near one, I'll swing in and ask the exact procedure.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/24/12 7:31pm
Msg #427938

On ServiceLink FWIW

I do a lot of work with Service Link still, and they never hassle my fixed fees (far above $65-$75). There is one division of SL that dropped their fees a lot, but others that I work with without problem on a weekly basis.

I had a problem once where a job canceled once I had documents and was en route, I called trying to get paid at least something and the regular person wasn't there--the title officer canceled it so it looked as if I'd never been assigned, and in fact, the job had never existed. I sent my original information all to the regular scheduler, and servicelink made it right and paid my print and trip fee. Aside from that one instance, with years of history with ServiceLink I've never had a whit of a problem. (I see that incident as a "person" problem, not a company problem).

Jessica

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.