Notary Rotary
Number of pages in Pkg.
Notary Discussion History

Number of pages in Pkg.
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Smug/Fl on 7/19/12 2:29pm
Msg #427421

Number of pages in Pkg.

When you quote a price to the SS for a job do you also address the number of pages. I try to be reasonable on fees but have learned that some are 90 and others up to 175 pages.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/19/12 2:45pm
Msg #427424

Well I have never thought of quoting that in my price, however if I have a package larger than 150 pages, I request an additional print fee. But to be honest I have only had to request it one time. The other few times, the SS, or TC upped the fee on their own due to such large packages. I haven't been turned down yet.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/19/12 2:59pm
Msg #427429

You might want to consider calling that fee for larger packages something other than a "print" fee. Imo, for most of us the printing cost is the least of it for those extra pages. The larger cost is the extra time it takes to deal with that many more pages - yes, with printing and prepping, but especially at the table because there are that many more pages to get through. When you call it a print fee, it makes it easier for some companies to try to diminish the extra cost. Maybe just a "large package fee"?

Reply by MW/VA on 7/19/12 7:05pm
Msg #427459

Yes, I have a "large pkg. fee" for an extra $15. I've

rarely had a problem getting it.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/20/12 12:51am
Msg #427486

Re: Yes, I have a "large pkg. fee" for an extra $15. I've

I wish someone would say I have a large package.......oh well.....

Reply by Gerry Grummons on 7/20/12 7:10am
Msg #427497

Opened a package the other day and discovered 164 pages!
I printed one set. Good thing. Borrowers copies were included in the total package.
Glad I didn't print 2 sets.

Reply by ILNotary on 7/20/12 12:33pm
Msg #427521

I GOT A VA PACKAGE RECENTLY FOR 220 PAGES.
NO OFFER FOR MORE MONEY - IT WAS RESCHEDULED
THANK GOODNESS - I WONT DO IT

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/22/12 5:24pm
Msg #427667

If I opened a package and found 220 pages with no warning, I wouldn't wait for an offer. I'd be on the phone to my client immediately letting them know that this package falls far outside the normal scope of work. Then we would discuss a fee adjustment. If there's a ss involved, chances are that they aren't even aware of it and that they'll want to have the same discussion with THEIR client.

[BTW, just for your future reference, I used all caps once for emphasis, but normally an entire post typed in caps on internet forums is considered shouting. It's difficult to read and folks feel it's rude. I'm guessing that wasn't your intent...]

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.