Obama Care and us...
Notary Discussion History

Obama Care and us...
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 1:32pm
Msg #427703

Obama Care and us...

If this is true, heaven help us...
When does your home become part of your health care? After 2012!
Your vote counts big time in 2012, make sure you and all your friends
and family know about this ! HOME SALES TAX I thought you might find
this interesting, -- maybe even SICKENING! The National Association
of Realtors is all over this and working to get it repealed, --
before it takes effect. But, I am very pleased we aren't the only
ones who know about this ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting
homeowners. How many realtors do you think will vote Democratic in
2012? Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will
pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That's $3,800 on a $100,000 home, etc.
When did this happen? It's in the health care bill, -- and it goes
into effect in 2013. Why 2013? Could it be so that it doesn’t come to
light until after the 2012 elections? So, this is ‘change you can
believe in’? Under the new health care bill all real estate
transactions will be subject to a 3.8% sales tax. If you sell a
$400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw
the retiring generation, -- who often downsize their homes. Does this
make your November, 2012 vote more important? Oh, you weren't aware
that this was in the ObamaCare bill? Guess what; you aren't alone!
There are more than a few members of Congress that weren't aware of
it either. You can check this out for yourself at:
http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/obamacare-flatlines-obamacare-taxes-home

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/23/12 1:39pm
Msg #427706

Super way to kick-start the housing recovery, huh. Not.

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 7/23/12 1:40pm
Msg #427707

not true and this belongs in Jpol

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/realestate.asp

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 1:44pm
Msg #427708

You don't think this is Real Estate related? n/m

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 7/23/12 1:47pm
Msg #427709

its politically motivated and untrue it does not belong here n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/23/12 1:49pm
Msg #427710

I think it's work-related and could signify

that there might be a BOOM by the end of the year, followed by a huge lull if it's correct.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 7/23/12 4:52pm
Msg #427752

Re: I think it's work-related and could signify

It's not correct, as the link to Snopes will verify. This is just the result of a misunderstanding about that part of the law. It will not affect the loan signing business at all.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/23/12 1:50pm
Msg #427712

There's a special section of NotRot for fringe rightwingers

... to post this sort of garbage. Why would you elect to deliberately post it here? As Stephanie now has twice pointed out, it is not only inappropriate, it is maliciously inaccurate. If this is the kind of information on which you base your political opinions, you're in deep trouble.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/23/12 1:51pm
Msg #427714

S/B Donna, not Stephanie n/m

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 2:23pm
Msg #427719

Re: There's a special section of NotRot for fringe rightwingers

Hugh, A tax is still a tax no matter what you say. It may not be the severity of the original post but it is still a tax on a real estate transaction. I am amazed by the creative ways this administration raises tax revenue. I don't think it will help those Seniors, or anyone, who sells their home and has a large capital gains. I am not a rt wing fanatic, I am a Conservative who is tired of a Govt with their hands in our pocket while spending our money in ways not directed by the Constitution. First start by securing the border, then we'll talk social programs...

Reply by docs1954CA on 7/23/12 2:46pm
Msg #427729

This kind of crap is what the "Report" button is for,use it n/m

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 1:58pm
Msg #427715

Re: not true and this belongs in Jpol

Snoops (whomever they are) says the tax would only apply to the "capital gains" (less exemptions 250,000 single/ 500,000 married) created from the sale. While this would not affect the majority of home sales it is still an extra tax and is a very creative way for the government to raise tax revenue.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 7/23/12 4:57pm
Msg #427755

Re: Snoops (whomever they are)

Snopes.com has been the #1 resource for years as far as debunking/confirming Internet rumors is concerned. All of their posts are well-researched and most cite specific references (if not referenced in the article itself). If they say something is wrong, you can pretty much take that to the bank.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 2:17pm
Msg #427717

False info. It's only for investment property--capital

gains. Sad that truth doesn't prevail anymore--only what you can convince people to believe.
So much of what we hear these days is lies, lies, lies. Yes, this belongs in JP.

Reply by Ronnie_WA on 7/23/12 2:28pm
Msg #427722

I appreciate the post Dennis. I will investigate to see if this made it into the final bill. If it did, I will be prepared to address seller's concerns as they would be expecting an approximate 10% excise tax and would flip to see taxes at 14%! Thanks for the heads up. It makes us look so unprofessional if we get blindsided at a closing and can't answer questions or say something ignorant to the escrow officer. By the way, I'm not a republican but an independent Smile

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/23/12 2:31pm
Msg #427724

Take your hysterical diatribe somewhere else!

If you wanted to inform the NR community of your interpretation of this legislation on Notary Talk, you could have done so in a professional manner (maybe). Instead you planted political landmines and personal opinions throughout. Such as:

If this is true, heaven help us...

Make sure you and all your friends and family know about this !

I thought you might find this interesting, -- maybe even SICKENING!

... ploy to steal billions from unsuspecting homeowners.

How many realtors do you think will vote Democratic in 2012?

Could it be so that it doesn’t come to light until after the 2012 elections?

So, this is ‘change you can believe in’?

Does this make your November, 2012 vote more important?

... and then you expect us to accept this post under your second post: "You don't think this is real estate related?"

You are clearly out of control, and now everybody knows it.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 2:43pm
Msg #427727

I am out of control?

The BS that the left spews like volcano's and is never condemned as lies is what "is out of control". While I did copy and paste an email I received, I asked if this is true? And it was shown that it is true that this tax will be applied to capital gains above the exemptions. So who is out of control here?

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 2:54pm
Msg #427731

IMO this thread is out of control. It belonged in JP

because of the political content triggered by the subject line. :-(

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 2:58pm
Msg #427732

I agree: I should have known better, sorry n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/23/12 11:25pm
Msg #427798

Re: Take your hysterical diatribe somewhere else!

My thoughts, exactly. Somewhere in between the opinions and other "stuff" that I won't try to characterize, there was a small kernel of valid (if substantially incorrect) information there. If this post was written as an attempt to share info, I would have no problem with it being here. However, it seemed clear to me that the negative comments and strong opinion far outweighed the relevance to our work and I agree it should have been in JP.

My 2 cents: if anyone wants to post info that is related to politics, as well as our industry - and we all know there's no shortage of that - please keep to the facts and try to cite impartial sources, if you can find any these days. Otherwise, please take your opinions off this page to JP!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 7/24/12 7:47am
Msg #427817

Ronnie, those kinds of borrower questions are best

answered by loan officers; if you "answer questions" outside your authority to "explain," you are setting yourself up for a fall.

Especially if it's your personal 'understanding', 'opinion', or mis-understanding/personal opinion.

If a signing agent offers up false/misleading "information" and as a result, the borrowers back out of the deal? Not good, not good at all.

Reply by Theresa Leite on 7/24/12 10:06am
Msg #427833

Conduct Unbecoming a Professional

Please tell me you all conduct yourselves better with your clients. Politics may be a difficult subject for most of us but the effect all of us. It is always a good idea to learn what's going one and make your own opinions through your own investigation of the facts. This was the posters way of getting facts. geeze

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/23/12 3:14pm
Msg #427734

its amazing how folks actually believe bs like this!?

Dennis, suggest you try finding out the FACTS FIRST before posting such crap!

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 3:19pm
Msg #427736

He realizes his mistake & has apologized for it. Also, I'm

sure several people hit the "report" button, as it should be removed IMO.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 7/23/12 4:16pm
Msg #427744

apparently not enough have hit that button..its still up... n/m

Reply by gowithn/TN on 7/23/12 4:53pm
Msg #427753

Re: apparently not enough have hit that button..its still up...

I just reported this, as well.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/23/12 4:16pm
Msg #427745

Re: its amazing how folks actually believe bs like this!?

I agree, like when TV ads say Republicans want to throw grandma off a cliff, or when President Obama says Repubs want "dirty air and dirty water". I agree with you, but it is hard to take criticism from a group that spews such statements with no regard for the truth.

The FACT is that it is a tax imposed on a Home sales non-exempt capital gains.
I agree that the political BS that was included was wrong, BUT it is a tax levied to pay for the affordable care act. The outrage I received should be directed at the Govt's actions.

Reply by JimAZ on 7/23/12 7:02pm
Msg #427774

Re: its amazing how folks actually believe bs like this!?

Q: Does the new health care law impose a 3.8 percent tax on profits from selling your home?

A: No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

FactCheck is a good resource

Reply by HisHughness on 7/23/12 4:45pm
Msg #427749

It's only the rightwingers, and mostly the fringe ...

... who post things like this in the Discuss Work forum and then defend their posts.

The proper way to handle a misplaced post such as this is simply to say, "My mistake; wrong forum," and then report it yourself as inappropriate. See message #427643 for the correct way to handle it; and, it should be noted, that post was by a conservative. She did not defend it, nor did those of a different political persuasion who responded condemn her for it.

Contrast that with the way the rightwinger who originated this thread reacted. First, he defends it on the basis of it being relevant to our profession. Then he actually expands on the original post, and then denies he is a fringe rightwinger, though the original post virtually screams that out.

And, of course, rightwingers being the type that they are, a couple of others chime in to pat the OP on the popo and give him an attaboy for contaminating the Discuss Work forum with political sewage.

I really wish you rightwingers would rein in your crowd. I have been reading this forum regularly since the Just Politics forum was created specifically to keep politics away from here. In all that time, I have never seen anyone of the more progressive persuasion deliberately post political stuff here except in response to something like the OP. I, and others, have sometimes accidentally posted inappropriate material -- and my accidental post haven't always been political, as I am occasionally reminded. At the very least, I think the rightwing crowd should avoid doing what Mistarella always does: Chime in with a post approving the political claptrap.

That may be asking too much, I realize, for those of that mindset. But hope does spring eternal.

Reply by JimAZ on 7/23/12 5:29pm
Msg #427760

Re: It's only the rightwingers, and mostly the fringe ...

I recently had a rightwinger tell me my Medicare supplemental payments would increase to over $500 per month by 2014 due to "Obamacare". Out of concern I contacted FactCheck and found out this is completely false. These rightwing "idiots" should tire of their wooden noses growing out of control and read "The little boy who cried wolf." Stop listening to rightwingers because they LIE. OK,,,move this to whatever forum need be. I just needed to say it!!!

Reply by CentralNY on 7/23/12 6:05pm
Msg #427766

I don't know about right wingers, but I have to tell you I can see Russia from here and I am having a stupid tea party tomorrow and you might be stupid to join in, your choice.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 6:58pm
Msg #427772

ENOUGH ALREADY! Take it over to JP. :-( n/m

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/23/12 10:09pm
Msg #427791

I feel strongly both ways.

Reply by redd on 7/24/12 11:36am
Msg #427848

No better than those you despise

Sadly, the contemptuous tone of your posts for those you obviously despise brings out a truth about you that is ironic. And this truth is that you are just as radical, classless, and intolerant as those you attempt to paint with this same brush. If you could just disagree without making it a "rant" that reveals your deep-seeded hate, that would help your own "cause" so very much. So as you state some need to be "reigned in", it appears this same request would apply to yourself. Have a great day! Smile

Reply by redd on 7/24/12 11:36am
Msg #427849

Re: No better than those you despise

And this last post is directed to HUGNESS

Reply by Dennis_IN on 7/25/12 3:59pm
Msg #428055

Amen! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.