Notary Rotary
Please be careful
Notary Discussion History

Please be careful
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by ssdn on 7/21/12 7:53am
Msg #427535

Please be careful

Good morning notaries, I will like to share what happen to me this week. As, notaries we are always driving to our closing everywhere our assignments take us. I was driving behind a red utility truck. I found myself trail about 5 miles . The streets are one lanes my docs were late, because we were waiting on HUD approval. This put me back about an hour already. At this point, we turned on to a much larger street now there are about 3 lanes now I'm still behind this red utility truck.We are both waiting for the light to change. Now the light is green he is the first car to slowly enter the intersection. I start to follow slowly as well , but I turned my head to the left a little a saw a Large MACK construction truck speeding down a hill going about 60 miles a hour. I truly believe his brakes failed, because he did not stop. Next, the red utllity truck was hit so hard we did not even see the truck anymore. there was so dirt , smoke , parts of both trucks were everywhere. I sat and was just in shock at was i just witnessed. Some people got out there cars others slowly left after about 3 lights had changed. I was so closed to this just 1 second away . So Notaries please be carful.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/21/12 10:38am
Msg #427546

YIKES! What a God shot! Thanks for the reminder to be on your toes on the road, no matter what. I have those near misses too. INTERSECTIONS ARE WHERE THE MOST EVENTS OCCUR!

I try to avoid them if possible, staying mostly on the Freeway til I have to meander into a residential area.

Parking lots too, people just do not look enough behind them before they start backing out.

It's worth parking far away where there are fewer cars around you, if possible.

Glad you are okay. How horrific that must have been.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/21/12 10:45am
Msg #427548

"There but for the grace of God ...."

Glad you're okay!

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 7/21/12 10:40am
Msg #427547

I'm glad you're okay n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/21/12 12:40pm
Msg #427575

Glad you're ok. What happened to the driver of the utility

truck? I know the traffic in my area is getting much worse, and all the "defensive" driving I learned keeps me looking in all directions all the time.
We all need to exercise extra care considering we're on the road a lot.

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/21/12 3:42pm
Msg #427587

So, so glad you escaped what sounds to be very ugly. It instantly reminded me of the theatre shooting in Colorado, as in being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Blessings to you and prayers for those families who lost loved ones in the CO shooting.

Reply by linda/ca on 7/22/12 1:05am
Msg #427622

Thanks, for taking the time to remind us to be extra careful while driving.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 7/22/12 3:43pm
Msg #427655

RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME

Actually...it's RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME.

People get this wrong all the time. This is how it goes:
If you cross the street in the crosswalk, and make it across safely, RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIME.
If you cross the street in the crosswalk, but get hit by a car, RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME.
If you jaywalk to cross the street, and make it across safely, WRONG PLACE, RIGHT TIME.
If you jaywalk to cross the street, but get hit by a car, WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME.

Reply by ssdn on 7/24/12 1:42pm
Msg #427890

Re: RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME

Thank you all, For your blessing. I know my angels were watching me. Again everyone please be careful. I hope this is one of are best years for refi and business in general.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.