Notary Rotary
ProBono Work
Notary Discussion History

ProBono Work
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by rengel/CA on 7/31/12 9:26pm
Msg #428891

ProBono Work

There are times I am grateful for the opportunity to help someone. This news story touched me from the very beginning and when an attorney I work with asked me to notarize some paper work for this young lady, I was more than happy to do so.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/31/4676367/carmichael-hit-run-suspect-may.html

Please keep her in your prayers, she is an amazing young woman.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/31/12 10:47pm
Msg #428907

OMG.....what a heartbreaking story. Her boyfriend died and her four doggies too. I know it won't bring back the lives that were lost......but I certainly hope they give that guy the maximum sentence possible for what he did.....he thought he hit a dog and kept going.....he hit two people and four dogs. This young lady, her family, and the family of the young man killed are in my prayers.

And you were so very kind to do that work probono for her.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/1/12 7:25am
Msg #428929

My prayers for Gemily and their families. To lose so much, so many in a split second. Incomprehensible. The perpetrator needs to spend some time in jail to think on his irresponsibility and endure all the consequences of his actions.

Reply by ikando on 8/1/12 8:52am
Msg #428933

Apparently this driver regularly drives drunk since he was picked some time later under the influence.

Reminds me of a case several years ago where a woman plowed through a group of motorcycle riders, killing one man. She said she thought she just hit the curb!!!

Reply by sueharke on 8/1/12 12:23pm
Msg #428973

I personally will provide probono work for veterans, disabled, and low income people IF they have a referral from an American Legion Post, Church, hospital or other organization that I have made arrangements with to accept such referrals. I know what it is like to have a professional help me when I needed specialty assistance. Because of the economy I'd rather people have food than pay for a notary fee. My way to give back to those who have helped me.

Reply by rengel/CA on 8/1/12 11:52am
Msg #428969

When I am going to someone's house, I consider it a convenience, so they can pay for that convenience. When I go to a hospital or convalescent home, that is a necessity since it would be extremely difficult or impossible for them to go out to a notary.

So, depending on the circumstances, I will either deeply discount my fee, or do it pro bono. It's my way of giving back for all the blessings I have received.

My .02

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.