Notary Rotary
Question for Signing Services who are on this forum
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by ikando on 7/1/12 11:42am
Msg #425276

I must assume that since you're on this forum, you know how to use it to find notaries for the areas your clients need service.

Given that assumption, why am I routinely asked to take less than the fee posted in my profile?

True, it may take more effort to go through the notaries and eliminate those who have fees higher than you want to pay, but so does making phone calls, answering the notary's interview questions and then moving on to the next one. Seems to me it would alleviate frustration for both parties if the profiles were checked beforehand.

While it may reduce the number of calls I get, at least those who call would be knowledgeable about what I require as an independent contractor for the services they need to accommodate their clients.

Reply by Les_CO on 7/1/12 12:31pm
Msg #425278

Not a SS but know some in the business

Typically the schedulers get an order, check the area code, and start calling those on their list. They may call those they have used successfully in the past or those that show close to the place of signing first. Very few have the time to read your entire profile, or peruse your fee schedule. Also many notaries charge different fees depending on how they get the docs, the distance traveled, the type of signing, and the time of day. Many times when the order comes in the schedulers do have this information, and have not yet seen the docs. You should know your fees; it takes only seconds for you to tell the scheduler if you are available, and what you charge. Believe me the schedulers don’t want to waste their time, or yours calling those they can’t afford, or those that aren’t available, but it’s part of the job. JMO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.