Notary Rotary
Signing Service Listing
Notary Discussion History

Signing Service Listing
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Mysti_FL on 7/16/12 7:26am
Msg #427001

Signing Service Listing

In reading the comments posted regarding the various signing services, I realized that many show comments indicating that the company has gone out of business.

So, this message is a suggestion to Harry: Would it be possible, on those companies that have gone out of business, to change the color of the name of the company to red so that they are easily identifiable?

Reply by Lexie on 7/16/12 7:57am
Msg #427002

that is a good suggestion. I second it.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/16/12 8:02am
Msg #427003

That's a great idea. I hope Harry is listening. :-) n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 7/16/12 9:09am
Msg #427006

Brilliant Idea. Keep em coming. Got my vote...what do you say, Harry?

Reply by bfnotary on 7/16/12 9:22am
Msg #427007

Like it Smile

Reply by Les_CO on 7/16/12 9:34am
Msg #427009

If they are no longer in business…why not just delete them and be done with it?

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/16/12 10:10am
Msg #427012

Because they sometimes reappear after a while n/m

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/16/12 10:33am
Msg #427017

Having out of business info is better than not having any info.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/16/12 10:49am
Msg #427021

I'd rather know where the ghosts are than not! And what about the lowballers, no pay, no account ss's..paint them orange?

Reply by Les_CO on 7/16/12 4:16pm
Msg #427049

I don’t see the need to keep old/out-of-business/never in business companies cluttering up Signing Central. I just went through a random 10 companies of which only 3 had web sites, or working numbers. I would guess that a company listed in 2007, that does not have a web site or a toll free number, or a working number, is gone or never really there. Personally I won’t work for someone without a web site, a toll free number, and a street address. Any others are not really in business; maybe they try a ‘farm out’ occasionally or are just some deadbeat trying to scam someone. I’d guess that between 30 % and 50 % of the companies listed here shouldn’t be. I do understand that if you are someone that got cheated by someone a year ago, and are still trying to get paid, it could be useful to know that they are now out of business, other than that they are just clutter. Weeding through this is a somewhat daunting task for Harry, but if each of us would go to Signing Central from time to time, and check the web site, and call the listed phone number, to see it it’s still operational, and then if it isn’t to post something like no working contact info. It wouldn’t get rid of the clutter, but it would make it easy for Harry to, he’d just have to look at the last post. JMO

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/18/12 3:14am
Msg #427239

"I would guess that a company listed in 2007, that does not have a web site or a toll free number, or a working number, is gone or never really there."

I think you make some good points in most of your post, but I can think of too many exceptions to agree with this statement. There are still a smattering of decent small, regional ss who may occasionally have assignments all over the place - and who I think it would be worthwhile to keep in SC. These are folks who may have a few good clients and who may do some of their own signings, but treat the people they "farm out" to well by paying promptly and decently. I can think of a couple of my favorite clients right off who probably don't have a website and don't feel the need to have one.

Conversely, there are others on the other side of the fence that I'd like to see kept on there for the opposite reason!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.