So I won't hijack Tina's thread.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 7/6/12 9:48pm
Msg #425840

Signed a reverse mortgage tonight.

The 85-year-old borrower has a Chihuahua quite a few years younger than Lucy the Chihuahua. Lucy weighs just under 7 pounds. This Chihuahua weighs close to 25-30. She is so obese it looks like someone has shoved an air hose down her throat and pumped her up. She is just one enormous, elogated blob with projections for a muzzle, ears, legs and a tail. She could hardly waddle she was so fat.

That's gotta constitute animal cruelty. I really want to do something. The poor dog's heart must work overtime every minute of the day trying to keep up with that huge overload.

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 7/6/12 9:51pm
Msg #425842

It's ok. I love your posts! But this one is very sad. Some things just break our hearts.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 7/6/12 10:19pm
Msg #425848

I don't believe any Chi could weigh 25 lbs. I have three and the largest (a male of course) eats non-stop and weighs 12 lbs on a pigging out day. If a Chi weighs 25 lbs, it has to be mixed with something else.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/6/12 10:21pm
Msg #425849

***If a Chi weighs 25 lbs, it has to be mixed with something else.***

You may be right. From appearances, I'd say it was mixed with woods tick.

Whatever the breed, this dog is the fattest dog I have ever seen for its frame.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/7/12 10:39am
Msg #425879

Overfeeding a dog is just as mean as under feeding. Perhaps a call to the humane society is timely. Poor dog could drop over from a heart attack. Probably is diabetic!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/7/12 10:52am
Msg #425880

I understand everyone's concern for the dog here

But do you really want to break this 85 year old's heart by having her pet removed? Granted the dog needs to lose weight, but consider her too. You call the humane society that dog is as good as dead anyway cuz they won't place it - they'll put it down.

Instead of bringing in the authorities, how about offering her help?

Reply by jba/fl on 7/7/12 12:43pm
Msg #425901

how about offering her help?

Excellent point Linda.

Pay a kid to go walk the dog every day for a month - that dog is probably not getting the exercise it needs and she probably may be full of guilt and cannot do much to help. I don't really know - it appears the dog is loved too much. You can see this a lot with the elderly.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/7/12 12:51pm
Msg #425904

Re: how about offering her help?

You're absolutely right. It would probably be the end of her life without her dog, however, he could drop dead any time. Some areas have people who will help, like here in town we have Help for Seniors. People volunteer their time for such causes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.