Notary Rotary
Sox Signing Solutions
Notary Discussion History

Sox Signing Solutions
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Robert H. Ruston on 7/22/12 1:29pm
Msg #427653

Sox Signing Solutions

The Better Business Bureau (Colton, CA) has attempted to resolve non-payment issues to no avail. SOX refuses to respond.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/22/12 1:56pm
Msg #427654

Lesson learned here. Check out every co that calls to avoid this from happening again.

Reply by leeinla on 7/22/12 10:08pm
Msg #427673

Linda is absolutely right. SOX used to call me and I always turned them down. Thanks to Notary Notary. The BBB is a toothless organization as far as helping solve money disputes. They never helped me.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 7/22/12 5:04pm
Msg #427663

I am schocked, SCHOCKED , I tell you!!!!!!!! n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/22/12 5:50pm
Msg #427669

I know what u mean, Bob. Just how low can SOX go!?!? n/m

Reply by LynnNC on 7/22/12 8:55pm
Msg #427672

For YEARS SOX has had negative reviews on this forum

Lesson be learned - check out companies that you haven't worked for before on Signing Central.

Reply by CJ on 7/22/12 11:34pm
Msg #427674

SOX preys on newbies.

I think they have burned EVERYONE who has ever worked for them. I have even told them, "Quit calling me and I hope you go out of business". I think the only way they make money is by keeping all their notaries' earnings. And because there are always new notaries trying to break into the business, there will always be fresh meat for SOX.

About the BBB: I think the more a company pays to be in the BBB's database, the better their rating. I don't trust the BBB one bit.

Reply by CinOH on 7/23/12 8:57am
Msg #427677

Robert,

Contact the title company and/or the lender and advise them you have not been paid. Most are willing to help to some degree. Calling title and the lender may also help put SOX out of business if companies stop using them because of multiple complaints from notaries they've stiffed.

The BBB can only try to mediate your issue with a company. They have more success working things out to your favor when the company you're complaining about is a BBB member. SOX is not a member of the BBB. There is nothing the BBB can do to them for not responding. SOX has an F rating with multiple complaints against them at the BBB.

In fact, SOX has complaints all over the Internet. As others have pointed out ALWAYS check a company's reputation far and wide BEFORE performing any work for them.

You can also sue them. You may never collect but you will get a judgement against them.

Good luck.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 7/23/12 12:13pm
Msg #427689

Re: Sox Signing Solutions ### A CALL TO ACTION! ###

Maybe it is time, (they claim they were founded in 1997) for the affected notary community to come up with a plan to resolve the situation. Someone in M.V., CA should drive by and verify there is a name on the door and/or a physical operation at stated location. The city/county should be contacted to verify what licenses or permits are required to operate at that location. If not properly licensed/permitted, a complaint with the appropriate governing agency should be filed. Contact by an affected person who is local, should be made with the local policing agency to see what, if any, local/state/or federal laws may have been violated in regards to payments/contracts violated. With regards to national notarys not paid, some of those affected, especially those short paid, who have WRITTEN documentation of contract for services, should band together as a group, with documentation, and contact a Postal Inspector that covers M.V., CA. to see what if anything can be done. CC a group complaint to the State Attorney Gen. office, and last but not least, contact to local newspaper/ tv "on your behalf" watchdog types as a group.

Be mindful with any documentation that you submit, that Bwr privacy should be maintained!

Lastly, maybe as a group, we can all petition the patron saint of this board, HARRY, to change the 1 star desination from blue to RED. Either just the star, or the entire name. It would be easier to pick out the bad apples.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/23/12 1:09pm
Msg #427699

Apparently, they've also managed to hire to some new blood and get new numbers because they actually managed to get a call through to me last Friday. Most of their numbers go straight to me blocked numbers list. They just aren't worth my time or energy to even bother with.

When she said where she was from... I couldn't help it. I started laughing. I know it was totally unprofessional, but after the laughing, I had to say, " Honey, never in a million years," and hung up.

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 7/23/12 1:37pm
Msg #427705

Deja vu!!.... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/12 2:29pm
Msg #427723

They're the worst of the worst. No point in relying on the

BBB to help with collections. They've been deadbeats for years, and many of us can't understand how they are still around. Too bad they prey on newbies & those who don't know to use Signing Central as a valuable resource.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 7/23/12 5:35pm
Msg #427764

The way SOX does business...

As you've already learned, their business model is to not pay their notaries if at all possible. You CAN get paid (I did when I first started out, when I was too new and stupid to know better), but it's not easy.

As others have already said, SOX preys on new notaries. The chances are better than even that one of the first calls a new NSA is going to get is from SOX - they are always on the lookout for fresh meat, because anyone with more than a month or two of experience will probably not deal with them due to the well-documented payment issues.

SOX uses a form of "double secret probation" - the way they avoid paying you is that they don't tell you what their requirements for invoicing and payment questions are. The last time I looked, those requirements were buried deep in their web site. Their policy is this: you must invoice monthly, using their form; anything else is rejected without notice. Any questions about payment are to be sent by fax only;- phone calls, emails, and letters will not be acknowledged or responded to. And if you don't PROPERLY invoice them within 90 days of completing the assignment, you forfeit your fee. The deck was stacked against you the minute you answered the phone...

The BBB cannot help you - SOX has had an F rating from them for years, and I think at this point they're just ignoring the BBB. You should probably consider this a lesson learned, especially if you're past 90 days.

Reply by Virginia/PA on 12/29/12 12:48pm
Msg #448084

Re: The way SOX does business...

I decided to test their integrity by accepting a signing to see if the would honor their promise to pay. I told them I would not accept assignments from them due to non-payment issues and that I had already asked to be taken off of their call list because of that. I had already been stiffed by them for many signings years ago and asked them to take me off their list. I must have been off their list long enough that they didn't remember. So I was fresh bait for them in their opinion. Probably high internal turnover also. Even though the pay was low, I did EVERYTHING they asked me to do in their "secret" requirements. Invoiced online too (just as instructed) on the exact day specified (as instructed). I even put a message in my phone to remind me to do that. I did all the faxbacks as required, made all the phone calls as required. Even took pictures on my cell of the log of calls, etc. Just to prove a point. The signing was 5/1/12. Still not paid. They have absolutely NO EXCUSE to not pay me since I DID follow all the hidden rules. They still stiffed me!!!! I look it as my own mystery shop to prove a point. So take my advice and that of others on this board and TURN THEM DOWN WHEN THEY CALL. And don't be afraid to tell them why. I told them why. It still didn't help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.