Notary Rotary
Time Management and Survival Tips & Procedures
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 7/14/12 9:18am
Msg #426830

Last week was pretty calm, with the holiday falling mid week. Many people began their vacations or a long weekend. But this week was crazy busy. Many docs come down the pike at the last minute, signings within an hour of the docs being printed and the HUD finalized. I was on my toes each day 18 hour days. Packages coming out my ears.

I realized that I need not run to FEDEX at the airport to narrowly make a drop deadline, if I can get to a FEDEX counter where they log in the package and it will be picked up today for delivery on Monday. Not run back to my office to print DLs pics I took on my smartphone because the funder needs to fund. Just email it later that evening to the Escrow Officer.

Do email/text the LO and tell them the docs signed fine and have been returned to Escrow/Lender.

Do not accept faxback requests in busy times like this...Defer to another notary with more time on their hands.

Breathe deeply when a borrower tells you how miserable the process has been and they are hopping mad they had to cancel their dinner plans to sign docs. I had more signigngs this week with vacationing couples whose property is in another part of CA or the US.

Do find a driver who can cart me and all the last minute drama and packages around with me in the back of a limo with waters and beverages and energy bars, maybe a reflexologist or acupuncturist to work on my toes and shoulders. Just a minute is all it takes to decompress between assignments.

Rewarded at SY eaterie with a glass of pinot noir and scallops/shrimp salad in balmy outdoors. Got home at 10p and dropped. Nice and foggy up here this morning. Slept in til 6am. Not leaving this place today. It's a PJ day.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/14/12 11:53am
Msg #426845

I love your attitude! n/m

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/14/12 12:34pm
Msg #426851

Grapolo's? Killer stuffed calamari

Reply by 101livescan on 7/15/12 8:25am
Msg #426914

No, Carlitos..great food. Place was packed since the Red Barn and Mattei's Tavern were sold and under remodel by new owners. The Brothers bough the Re Barn when they sold Mattei's Tavern. We lost two eateries in town. Miss them tremendously. We have Petros in Los Olivos at Fess Parker's Inn, very expensive and service is horrible. One of three in CA, this one is BAD!

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/15/12 10:49am
Msg #426919

I did the loan signing for Petros in Santa Barbara when it was being constructed. Haven't been in to eat though, I heard it is just OK. I was at the Red Barn for a final Prime rib sandwich and some of that Blu cheese dressing right before it closed. I used to make it part of my first of the month, pick up the wine shipments routine.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/15/12 2:32pm
Msg #426940

OMG....I did that signing too...they were just getting ready to open, I met the SBA Loan Officer from Union Bank there. What day were you there?

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/15/12 7:03pm
Msg #426965

When I was there It was sill under construction, painters, floor guys, a couple of rooms still just insulation, electricians everywhere, They were all pissed that they had to bump heads with everyone else. Was probably 3 or four weeks before you. We had to find a place to sign with no dust. Nightmare, Had to go to Joes for a stiff one after that!.... LOL. It was my last of that day. He would just walk away and talk to the contractor, no respect, I guess that's why I haven't been there to try it. I figure I am ahead and don't want to give my $$ back to him.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/15/12 3:00pm
Msg #426944

I was there 5:30pm, December 6, 2011. The owner was two hours late. I went to two other signings that were to follow his in this time span. The bank officer was on time, Petros was not.

What a nitemare signing. I will tell you in a pm what the dude was doing for entertainment at my expense.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/15/12 7:04pm
Msg #426966

Yep, I had to go through his personal assistant to get it all lined up... PIA all the way

Reply by Susan Fischer on 7/15/12 7:23pm
Msg #426969

Now, that's a fabulous thread. Another Chapter in 'As The

Notary Stamps.'

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.