Notary Rotary
TitleSource
Notary Discussion History

TitleSource
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Barb25 on 7/13/12 6:08pm
Msg #426741

TitleSource

Years ago I did some work for Title Source. Nothing recently, of course. But I have seen some much positive "stuff" here lately I thought I should apply. After I signed in the first time, I was overwhelmed. Then, I got an email telling me they were looking for people in my are. So I completed the required "paperwork." Well, they now have my DNA, my first born child, and three of my teeth. I don't know if I will get any work but I may get a call for an interview with the CIA for a job. Phew! Now I was reading about Silver and Gold status at Title Source. All I know is that I had to override their standard fees. So I may never even hear from them. We shall see.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/12 6:18pm
Msg #426745

ROFL Barb!! n/m

Reply by snoopdogMs on 7/13/12 6:48pm
Msg #426750

Since that scheduler said I must have "golden words"

do you think I might instantly qualify for gold status? I really have no interest in applying for companies that have white glove status, gold or silver status. Stick with quality title companies that treat you like a professional as opposed to pegging you into some silly status slot.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/13/12 6:51pm
Msg #426752

I love title source

They were my first signing title company.
Now, they seem to do alot of Quickens, small packages ON'd and 10 mile radius for signings.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/13/12 7:03pm
Msg #426754

Re: I love title source

I agree, they meet my fee, Very easy small package. Borrowers are well informed, They tend to sign and flip. lol. I try to present docs to 90% of them, and they say, we already know what this is, they just want to sign. (that has been my experience anyways). Lol. And apparently I have gold status with them still so that is good. (I emailed and asked, lol).

Reply by bfnotary on 7/13/12 7:04pm
Msg #426755

Correction, meant to say I try to present the docs to them and 90% of them just wanna sign and flip. ( I try to present to 100% of them)

Reply by CentralNY on 7/13/12 8:16pm
Msg #426763

I was asked to do a signing for a 2 hour round trip, etc. They offered $85 I countered with $000.00. A girl that sounded about 12 agreed. I get the confirm and it says $85, I call back and they say she made a mistake. I'm sure they will never call again. I was a camp fire girl but I think the girl scouts had a silver and gold song. It was bs then and it is bs now. lol

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/13/12 8:20pm
Msg #426764

Re: Wow!!!!! you countered with $000.00

I think I would have done it for $85 before I would counter by offering to do it for free!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/12 8:15pm
Msg #426762

Marilyn, IMO one of the best things you can do for

yourself is sign up with Title Source. I've done one for them (only because of my lack of availability) - I'd love to take everything they call me for. I had no idea about this rating system of theirs.

I like this company very much.

Reply by CentralNY on 7/13/12 8:34pm
Msg #426767

Re: Marilyn, IMO one of the best things you can do for

Well Marilyn, fill us in how you convince this GREAT CO. to pay you a fair fee. I would have taken that fee for a neighborhood closing and the kid that was scheduling had no clue. So tell us your secret.

Reply by bfnotary on 7/14/12 4:50pm
Msg #426871

Re: Marilyn, IMO one of the best things you can do for

I don't know if it is the area i live in, and the fact we dont have a whole ton of notaries here, but i have never been offered less than XXX.00.

Reply by JENNY/TX on 7/13/12 8:33pm
Msg #426766

I do a lot of Chase and Quicken loans for Title Source. They meet my fee $xxx.xx, always glad to help if there is a problem and best of all pay me Net 30 or before.

I take all I can get.

Jenny

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 7/13/12 10:35pm
Msg #426784

Title Source is also one of my favorite companies. They mostly have Quicken loans with a few Chase from time to time. The Quicken docs usually arrive shortly after you accept a signing - even if the closing date is a week away. They meet my $xxx.xx fee and now have me on direct deposit. I'll take every appointment they offer me.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/13/12 10:33pm
Msg #426783

I turned in the requisite three teeth and a first born ....

Turned it all in a few weeks ago along with my fee schedule (much higher than their recommendations so I thought I'd never hear from them).

Holy smokes, my phone rings off the HOOK.

Good closings too--Chase Refis and Quicken Refis.

They've all been straightforward and easy, with early docs and no problems!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/14/12 5:59am
Msg #426813

When Quicken Loans are not so "Quick and Easy"

I recently had two on the same day. In my area, docs are usually provided to the borrowers online and I print one copy to bring for signing. Once in a while the order is for overnight docs to borrower. I always tell the borrowers to review their documents ahead of time and to have any questions answered by Quicken before the appointment. This particular day, one was overnight docs to borrower. I walked in to the appointment and borrowers were on the phone with Quicken. They had read the ENTIRE package literally word for word and were nit-picking with Quicken about one specific paragraph in the Deed of Trust. Took quite a while to get it resolved, which it really never did get resolved but they decided to sign the docs anyway. Long appointment.

The second Quicken appointment that same day was with a couple who "did not have time" to review their online docs ahead of the appointment. This was a refi on a rental property. The wife used to work for a real estate attorney, and he always told her that you MUST get owners title insurance on every real estate transaction. Especially here in VA where some wonky thing may have happened in the chain of title. So we look at the HUD and of course there is no owners title insurance policy charged for, and she swears she told everybody at Quicken that she wanted to buy an owners title policy. We call Quicken and the person in the queue cannot answer this question for her about why the owners title policy is not on the HUD. I was trying to stay out of it but I finally told her that it was my understanding that if she received an owners policy at time of purchase then it was still good throughout her ownership of the property. We *finally* got connected to someone at Quicken who was knowledgable about title insurance and she confirmed that their existing owners policy remains in effect and they do not need to buy another owners policy. Half an hour wasted on the phone without a single document signed at that point. This borrower thought herself to be so knowledgable about real estate transactions, but in reality she knew just enough to make a mountain out of a molehill.

So they are not all quick and easy. And in my area, they pay bottom of the barrel so I must keep it local. That said, they do have their stuff together and I enjoy working with Quicken/Title Source.

Reply by CentralNY on 7/14/12 9:41am
Msg #426836

Re: When Quicken Loans are not so "Quick and Easy"

It's good to hear reality and that they are not paying as much in your area also. Although, I think I will call Barb and see where those fees came from as they are not mine. My area can't be that saturated if they called me to go on a 2 hour round trip.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/14/12 12:30pm
Msg #426848

agreed--I've run into a lot of name issues on Quicken loans

Because borrowers complete their own info online, I've run into a much higher error rate than other loans on the quicken loans. People reporting the name they go by (example : Joe instead of Joseph or Deb instead of Deborah)

Aside from that, I've had very few difficulties.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/14/12 1:45pm
Msg #426855

Thanks everyone. Lots of good information.

More than I expected and I appreciate it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.