Notary Rotary
Wire transfers from borrower(s)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 7/31/12 3:06pm
Msg #428832

EOM I had a refi signing, through a (new-to-me) ss, which was short to close. Borrowers had refi'd several times in the past and stated they were familiar with the whole process. When we got to the wiring instructions, I wrote amount on instructions, told them to take those instructions with them to their bank and bank would know how to handle it. Okay, no problem.

That was Thursday evening.

Monday mid-morning, received call from escrow. She said she hasn't received my invoice nor wire transfer. Reminded her I'd been hired by ss and invoice would be from them. Volunteered to call borrowers and find out about wire. Mrs. Borrower said "funds should be received today (Monday)." She had sent cashier's check on Friday via Express Mail. Asked her if she sent check to escrow. No, she sent it to bank per wiring instructions. Thanked her and hung up -- before laughing/crying/screaming. They don't listen. Anyway, called escrow and relayed info. SHE reacted saying, "What?!??!?? What a mess!" and hung up. Bet she said a lot more after hanging up.

I did give ss a heads up.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/31/12 4:27pm
Msg #428847

"They don't listen." LOL!!!

OMG! That is soooo true!! Don't you just hate it when they ask you a question you just finished answering? I had one like that last week. I hate stereotyping, but the wife fit the typical "blonde" stereotype. She was at least smart enough to pick up on an error in the payoff amount of the current loan, but she just couldn't seem to get how one thing impacted the other and how the short-to-close would be adjusted if they corrected that number. (And of course, they couldn't reach their LO.) The husband wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, either.

I would tell them something, then a moment later, she would ask me a question and I would have to repeat what I had just said. I'm a pretty patient person - especially with borrowers - but I don't think I've ever come as close as I did that day to raising my voice to a borrower! Plus, they took turns jumping up from the table for all kinds of things. Very frustrating signing!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.