Notary Rotary
cancellations
Notary Discussion History

cancellations
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 7/17/12 2:56pm
Msg #427149

cancellations

I have had two cancellations this week. It is going to make a pretty slow week. Anyone else having this problem?

Reply by Jessica Ward on 7/17/12 3:01pm
Msg #427152

That happened to me a lot last week. As far as I can tell, there's no rhyme or reason.

Reply by Judy/TX on 7/17/12 3:28pm
Msg #427160

My last three Chase signings have cancelled. Three right in a row!

Reply by dutchcloser on 7/17/12 3:47pm
Msg #427165

I've been experiencing the same thing the last 2 or 3 weeks. One cancelled for tomorrow and looks like my 6 o'clock is gonna cancel as well.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/17/12 3:52pm
Msg #427167

Interesting about Chase

I usually do alot of Chase.. not for TS but anyhow. I haven't had one this month... Interesting

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/17/12 3:47pm
Msg #427166

Had to walk on a Title Source JPMC today incorrect ID thing, almost like a cancel

Reply by Pro Mobile Notary on 7/17/12 6:36pm
Msg #427189

We saw a rash of last minute cancellations.

In our situation I know with certainty it is not our doing. I also know it is not the doing of the escrow officer. Lenders are straining all their resources to get docs and and the "rush" to get them out is causing all sorts of errors in the docs themselves. That is the primary cause of the cancellations we are seeing.

A secondary cause is the loan originator (broker or bank loan officer) sometimes does not discuss the loan amount with the borrowers and just picks a number out of the air (or so it seems). Borrowers questioning the loan amount and demanding it be changed is causing the second wave of cancellations as docs have to be redrawn.

I know this is the place where everyone likes to blame the signing services for everything, but that is not always the case.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/17/12 7:20pm
Msg #427193

"I know this is the place where everyone likes to blame the signing services for everything"

I don't believe that is true statement. We may not like SS's sometimes, but we really do know that your crystal ball is in no better shape than our own.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.