Notary Rotary
just got back from vacation
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 7/9/12 11:43pm
Msg #426201

and I think some of my brain cells have not checked back in.....have signing first thing in a.m., docs are printed as follows:

John Doe
Managing Member, XYZ Company, LLC

when I have him sign... does he have to sign his name and all the Managing Member stuff or just his name? I know Notary 101 basic....thanks for the help......

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/10/12 12:43am
Msg #426203

Hi, I don't know that Notary 101 Basic necessarily covers this. Obviously, you wouldn't include any of the title/capacity stuff in your acks, but I think you should call your hiring agency first thing a.m. and ask them exactly how they want him to sign.

One time, I was instructed that the signer had to sign "Managing Member, XYZ Co. LLC etc" cos the company was buying the property; yet on another loan they were clear they wanted Mr. Businessman to sign just his name.

BTW: How was your vacation? Where'd you go?

Reply by notarydi/CA on 7/10/12 1:32am
Msg #426204

yes, I'm going to give them a call in a.m. and get specifics. Like to do it right the first time. Not fond of second trips. I did one a couple of weeks ago and on some of the docs the lender wanted the woman to just sign her name and on other docs it was sign her name and title. But, that lender and title co. (FATCO) was very specific on each page how they wanted things done.

and to further vent.....had a 3:00 signing today that I did not get docs until 2:45. I don't know if these escrows/lenders think we're all Samantha from "Bewitched", but we can't just twitch our noses and print two sets of 130 page docs in seconds. Didn't get a return call from borrower to confirm appt until 4:00......

whining, I know. And, I thought a week's vacation had adjusted my attitude.

went to Vegas and the river.....enough said......fireworks on Colorado River were great!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.