Notary Rotary
rm app vent
Notary Discussion History

rm app vent
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by CentralNY on 7/28/12 1:57pm
Msg #428464

rm app vent

can i do a rm app on sat., sure. confirm with bo and that she has all required copies, she does. she is confused about the process as she just did the phone interview. i explained best i could but told her to call her rm counselor with any questions. she did not. she says she understands. told me to call her in am, now she wants to meet at library and not home. gives me wrong addy for library but i find her. she has no copies with her, says she doesn't feel comfortable giving them to me. why didn't you tell me that last night or this am. now she wants me to give her a business card that i work for the bank. i don't have that. i call co., no answer. i ask if she wants to call her rm counselor, no. she thought i was a man even though i spoke with her 4 times. very inconsiderate and flakey. she said she understood and she had no clue. i think she thought a bank rep (THE MAN) would be there with me even though no one told her that. total waste of a friday evening and sat. afternoon.

Reply by sueharke on 7/28/12 3:40pm
Msg #428467

I hope you were paid for your time.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/28/12 5:44pm
Msg #428479

Seem to have a few issues with PLS and clients

Had one client was a no show for me 4 times, they paid me. PLS is great to work with.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/28/12 6:12pm
Msg #428483

I hate doing application appointments. I think they are a total PITA and I now refuse them when offered. An RM application to boot - double PITA.

Reply by CentralNY on 7/29/12 6:09am
Msg #428514

i won't do one again. especially the library thing. she has lived in that village all her life and she gives me the wrong addy, I spent a half an hour finding it. and if the id thing is such an issue the bank should obtain it in another maner. pita is right.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/29/12 9:53am
Msg #428526

I think you just had bad luck for your first one

I've been fortunate - RM apps that I've done have been for borrowers who are well-versed and had everything ready for me. I had more problems with standard RESPA signings than I've ever had with RM apps.

For the right price I'll do them all day.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/28/12 6:45pm
Msg #428485

In a way you can't blame them for being cautious &

suspicious. There are so many scams out there, particularly targetting seniors. Remember, they are dealing with people on the phone, we show up at their home, ask for documents, etc. They don't know who we are, after all. IMO it is better if they are dealing with a local bank and a live person LO. They want assurance that it's legit, and I can certainly see their point.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/29/12 11:42am
Msg #428546

Re: In a way you can't blame them for being cautious &

<<< Remember, they are dealing with people on the phone, we show up at their home, ask for documents, etc.>>>

This is why I think it is very important at the start of the confirmation call to include the name of the entity that hired you: "Hello, is this Mrs. Mary A. Doe? <says YES> My name is X and I'm a notary public. I was contacted by X title company to meet with you and have loan docs signed, is that correct? <Mention the loan officer's name if it's on the confirmation>

Okay, so the SS hired you. When you get the confirmation email, it has the place you are shipping docs to. That's the TC you mention. Don't confuse the borrower by saying you're a signing agent. Very few people know what that is but most everyone knows what a notary public is. When you mention people or the company the borrower has dealt with, you're less likely to be viewed as some random "Joe/Jane" showing up on their doorstep. JMHO

Reply by CentralNY on 7/29/12 3:58pm
Msg #428583

LKT/CA

No disrespect intended, but I certainly know how to confirm an appointment and I did above and beyond with a difficult person. She was a wacko, can we leave it at that.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/29/12 5:45pm
Msg #428592

CentralNY

When I address a poster, I quote excerpts from their post so there's no doubt whose point I'm adressing. Also, I write in such a way as to share suggestions that have worked well for me. No one said you didn't confirm with the borrower, but the fact that you said the borrower thought you worked for the bank led me to believe you didn't inform the borrower of your role in this transaction at the onset of the confirmation call. That's how I read your post. Even with that, I still was specifically adressing what MW/VA wrote. BTW - you classify this borrower as a wacko......I don't.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/30/12 7:01pm
Msg #428706

I had one like that once. The gal was suspicious

(racial issue). She looked at the proposed nos., including the upfront MIP. She didn't think she should be paying for that (duhhhh). She said they were crooks and that I was in "cahoots" with them. It became an unsafe situation, and I stepped outside to call the hiring party. I left, of course. There was no way this woman was going to sign that app. I think she was just looking for a reason to convince herself she was a victim.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.