Notary Rotary
spousal signatures
Notary Discussion History

spousal signatures
Go Back to July, 2012 Index

Posted by snoopdogMs on 7/5/12 8:44pm
Msg #425703

spousal signatures

Jane Doe owns house A in Jackson. She marries John in Timbuck2 and moves in with him in house B. House B is their primary home. Jane refinances house A in Jackson. Jane works in Jackson and commutes. She closed this loan with another notary in Jackson. John's name was on the docs for house A as spouse. They call lender at the table and someone said for him not to sign that MS was not a community state. I get a call from title today to go and collect signatures of spouse in Timbuck2 tomorrow evening. Should a spouse have to sign if A is not the primary home?

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 7/5/12 8:55pm
Msg #425706

Keep It Simple

Just follow title's instructions. It's not for us to try to second guess title or the lender.

Reply by CJ on 7/5/12 9:05pm
Msg #425708

Re: Keep It Simple

I agree with Shoshana. Your response should be, "I hear and obey . . . your wish is my command". (If they mess up and have to send you back a third time for a re-draw, then hey, it wasn't YOUR fault, and you could get paid for a third trip.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 7/5/12 9:13pm
Msg #425710

I will.

It is so simple that all they want is his signature and the signature to be initialed? Don't change dates, not even on the RTC. I reminded them that my notarial block would reflect tomorrows date.

Reply by CJ on 7/6/12 9:35am
Msg #425720

Your original question was about signatures, not dates.

You better call your people and ask them what they want you to do about the dates.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 7/6/12 9:52am
Msg #425723

I did. They said do not change dates, not even RTC

I do have another question. I just received the docs and the QCD had Mr. Does name on it as well as Ms. Doe, but he was not present due to much confusion. Now they want him to sign, but the notary did not strike out his name in her notarial block which she should have. I think that is a problem. I am going to call title about this but would like some input before I do.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/6/12 10:06am
Msg #425724

Re: I did. They said do not change dates, not even RTC

Call. Could end up being a no-go & resign. Or not~~
But you'll look stellar.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 7/6/12 10:20am
Msg #425730

Title overnighted me the original few docs that need signing

They are aware of all the errors. I would think that since the notary left his name in her notarial block that this (failure to strike out his name) is a problem that needs to be addressed before this document is completed. I could have him sign, attach a ack., but all they would have to do is throw away my attachment and no one would know that he did not sign in her presence.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 7/6/12 11:07am
Msg #425741

Turned this assignment back in

I just spoke with a friend at my favorite title company, and he agreed that title should work with the original notary to correct this closing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.