Notary Rotary
ANS "witch hunt"? Really?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/28/13 5:57pm
Msg #471490

I'm baffled why you would call recent posts a "witch hunt." Nobody here is hunting for a witch. The witch found us. I refer you to your message #461997 in which you objected to all the "fee complaining and negativity." Ding dong. That's what started all this.

Then, there's your sappy, delusional statement today: <<Just remember not all humans are perfect and there are things that no one is proud of in their pasts, the best thing is to get up, move on and change the perception of you by doing good and prospering in this world.>> Thatta girl!

Still, it makes me gag.

If you were sincere in reforming and shedding all the bad habits that got you in your current mess to begin with, you would start with paying your notaries ... promptly and professionally. Instead you respond to those seeking late payment in the most callous, arrogant manner and with the biggest untruths I've ever read. (See Msg# 471441.) Do you not see that this does nothing to "change the perception" people have about you? It only reinforces it.

And I think we all know why you're "propsering." Clearly, you have found a niche where you can fly under the radar and continue to exploit and intimidate people. (AKA a signing service.) "Thank gawd for that," I bet you tell yourself every day, because given your past behavior and obviously unrepentant current behavior I can't imagine anyone would ever hire you for a real job. (OK, Doc Pros, maybe.)

Besides that, you couldn't even get a notary commission in CA.

How about something like this: "Dear notaries, You all know I have sinned and that I have paid the price. I am now embarking on the road to rehabilitation where I hope to do some good in this world. I would so appreciate it if you could extend me the trust that I probably don't deserve but will work hard to obtain by partnering with ANS as signing agents. I promise I will do my best to treat you professionally, pay you promptly and give you the respect business partners deserve. Thank you very much for your kindness and consideration."

Instead we get lectures from you to "re-evaluate ourselves" "stop complaining" and then you call us unprofessional and alot worse. You need some serious pr help.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/28/13 6:11pm
Msg #471491

Where's the like button? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 5/28/13 6:21pm
Msg #471493

Why is this here? Relates to????? -

This bit of starting new threads with little info to relate to is becoming absurd. At least do your linking properly or don't bother that way either.

Msg #471441 - see: no punctuation, no additional keystrokes, a stand alone set, just as one would find at the top of a message, upper right hand corner. Cut, paste - why is this so difficult for the masses to remember? It makes it so easy to click and it all pops up in a new window allowing one not to lose their place yet see the referred item.

I know this makes me sound cranky and B....y, but if I can do this, everyone else can as well. Harry gave us a wonderful tool - let's use it.

Reply by anotaryinva on 5/28/13 9:32pm
Msg #471521

Re: Why is this here? Relates to????? -

Thanks Jules, unfortunately for me I try to link a message about once a year and have never mastered it. I really wish someone could start a box or include in before you post the 'how to' section.

Reply by Stoli on 5/28/13 6:25pm
Msg #471494

Reminds me:"I lied, I cheated, and I did it for my country."

Where else did we hear this line of garbage?

Reply by Accurate National Signings on 5/28/13 6:40pm
Msg #471499

Goldengirl, Why would you think the owner of this company needs to apologize to you? did she do something wrong to you? or any of these notaries that are here posting this information? NO she did not. For that is why this was stated by me not who you are all trying to burn on a stake ( hence recent subject line Witch hunt. )

I feel there is a lot of heartless people on this forum that just think that they can post whatever they want with no consequences at all to another person. Understand that some of you are victims as well and have fallen into the cesspool of this forums negativity, do not get me wrong there is a lot of help on here as well and that is what this should stick to.

I am not trying to be negative or cause more problems for the owner but I would like for all to understand that this situation is an isolated family issue and needs to remain that way.

Thank you
ANS staff

PS I am a CA notary and am the one that posts on this forum not the owners. I might seem a little callused because I am upset at the way professionals display themselves and go about hurting other professionals this is not the way that business should be.

None of you would want to be prosecuted by people that do not know the whole story and only bits of it.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/28/13 7:05pm
Msg #471503

You're missing the ENTIRE point.

None of us are being cruel, here. What was posted is not an "isolated' issue... it's a matter of public record. I'm sorry, but that's true. As CA Notaries (yourself included apparently) we know that any kind of criminal background is a hindrance in our work because it impacts our ability to be a notary. And yes... even something one sees as "isolated" incident is part of that. A criminal record is still a criminal record. As GG said, it's all about how you approach the situation.

ANS has a very poor reputation, and this person's actions are WELL reported on multiple websites. Not just here. Before this information even came out, the reputation was there. Now that it's out, it just reinforces the already existing opinion.

What many of us are trying to say is that as notaries, we are required to put up with a LOT of screening. Most lenders have n their GLBA compliance rules that include any and all contractors working for them be compliant with their background checks. As an example, it has come out that one of your owners had been on probation for identity theft related crimes. The details don't really matter. Do you really think that a bank would send your company documents knowing that a person serving a sentence for identity theft owned the company and has access to the documents? Honestly, now. Do you think borrowers would be happy to know this? I sure wouldn't. In fact, I'd be contacting my lender and pitching a massive fit about it if I did.

Her record has been expunged now. Great. Legally, she's no longer convicted... for the most part. She certainly cannot become a notary in CA right now with the criminal history even if it's been dismissed. I applaud her effort in trying to move forward... but let's face it... her own behavior and management of the company is the problem.

The point is that we have to jump through a lot of hoops to be compliant with all of the lenders' rules... and yet companies, with well documented bad reputations, pop up with owners who clearly couldn't become notaries themselves. How is it that lenders agree to use services like that? It's not a personal attack against you or any specific person. It's the principle.

Reply by Accurate National Signings on 5/28/13 7:28pm
Msg #471506

Re: You're missing the ENTIRE point.

I thank you for the way you have approached this conversation. What is not known on the outside is that our internals are not ran by the owners, so I do not know where she got this reputation of being the bad guy. When issues arise and a notary calls in yelling, cursing and just being plain out rude at some point our manager has to step in and raise their voice so the point can be gotten to with a resolution.

BTW I read the report that was posted on here and it shows not guilty by ID theft and Forgery. So those are false allegations across the board. Our owner has recently passed her notary exam and is happy to further things with this industry.

Thank you

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/28/13 7:38pm
Msg #471509

Not according to the CA SOS Online Notary Public Listing

"Our owner has recently passed her notary exam and is happy to further things with this industry. "

You owner may have passed the exam but hasn't been commissioned. This I gotta see!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/28/13 7:38pm
Msg #471510

"BTW I read the report that was posted on here and it shows not guilty by ID theft and Forgery. So those are false allegations across the board. Our owner has recently passed her notary exam and is happy to further things with this industry."

It says not guilty NOW. That's because she applied for and received an expungement of her record just this month. As noted before... that doesn't mean the record goes away. It will always show up on the DOJ and FBI background checks. If you read the entire thing, you can clearly see that she was convicted and was sentenced...all of the details of said sentence including 3 years probation. She completed her probation in March and applied for a dismissal in May.

You said she just passed her exam? Great... but that's just the first step. She hasn't received her commission, has she? My guess is that she won't once her background check comes back. The state of California requires a minimum of 5 years after the completion of a sentence or probation for misdemeanors... including for those that were expunged. This is clearly stated in the Disciplinary guidelines document on the Secretary of State's website.

I sure hope, in her application, she disclosed the conviction. If she didn't... she's may be in big trouble. Failing to disclose is usually a way to get yourself permanently banned from ever becoming a notary in CA. If she did, then she'll just probably just be told to try again in at least 5 years.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/28/13 7:54pm
Msg #471512

Here's the link...

The Disciplinary Guidelines, updated just late last year with the reduced wait times for those with criminal histories...including expunged ones. People with misdemeanors used to have to wait 10 years before applying. Now it's 5.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-guidelines-2012.pdf

Page 9: "All convictions must be disclosed, regardless of when or where they occurred, including convictions that have been dismissed or expunged under Penal Code sections 1203.4 or 1203.4a. The only exceptions are traffic infractions, offenses adjudicated in a juvenile court or under a youthful offender law, and any incident that has been sealed under Welfare and Institutions Code section 781 or Penal Code section 1203.45 (juvenile offenses)."

The application is signed under penalty of perjury... which is a felony ins CA. So, not disclosing is kind of a very, very bad thing. I sure hope she disclosed it.

Now all that said... they always have this, per page 7:

"Each individual case must be reviewed in detail and may warrant departure from the disciplinary guidelines. In such cases, the Secretary of State requests that the administrative law judge clearly delineate the factual basis for deviating from the disciplinary guidelines."

But a few months fresh of probation for identity theft related charges? I really don't think that's happening, no matter what the circumstances may be. But she's always welcome to try.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/28/13 9:59pm
Msg #471525

Well now, if Miss Amanda gets her notary

commission I'd say you CA notaries can stop arguing about one line signature entries in your journals.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/28/13 7:39pm
Msg #471511

The Not Guilty was her plea...not the findings of the Court

3 PC M530.5(A) M Using personal id information of another to obtain credit 09/01/2008 GUILTY CONVICTED
4 PC M529(3) M Personate Make Oth Liable 09/01/2008 GUILTY CONVICTED

THAT was the finding of the Court - it was a plea deal. And if not guilty, why did she pay restitution?

No dog in this fight but the drivel is getting thick.

Reply by Stoli on 5/29/13 10:00am
Msg #471572

I'm reminded of a song that describes you perfectly Amanda. Why do you continue to hide behind the "owners". You're it. You're deceptive, have issues of integrity, face it, we all know your type and your motives. You may have passed the notary exam, but you've not passed muster with the DOJ and the FBI. That takes a little longer, your application can and is likely to be shelvied due to issues of moral turpitude.

You can take the position of "I did nothing wrong" for as long as you want to, but honestly, to be arrested, booked, and convicted, paying restitution of $7801, really, there was nothing to that? I'll bet the investigating officer on this case would be rolling in the aisles for it took him 9 months to get this to plea bargaining because you refused to "man up" to the charges.

Character counts, and from the looks and sounds of things, you haven't learned a thing out of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMXGSP_nPyY

Reply by Stoli on 5/29/13 11:34am
Msg #471585

Did you mean “prosecuted by people”, or persecuted? n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/28/13 8:29pm
Msg #471515

Witch Hunt or Non Pay Issues

My original post Msg #471355 was about all the non pay issues. Now ANS Staff, whomever they are, are on here defending the charges, the owner and saying the owner is not involved in the internal workings of the company. So ANS Staff, can you please forget the witch hunt and just tell me why there are so many people posting that they were never paid? And if the owner is not responsible for that, then who is?????

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/28/13 10:03pm
Msg #471526

Re: Witch Hunt or Non Pay Issues

Carol, I'm glad you brought this back to the original point of this thread. To me, it seems like there are two different issues. The first has to do with the legal problems of the owner in question and her reliability and trustworthiness (or lack thereof) in relation to people's personal data. I think plenty has been said on that subject and I suspect that horse is already out of the barn.

The second issue, of course, is that of timely payment to notaries. (As for the lowballing, well, each notary presumably knows the fee up front and can always say no, unless the company is also being deceitful about what they intend to pay.) That's a pretty cut and dried issue, where their actions speak so loudly, we can't hear what they say... It's also the easiest to fix. All they need to do is take whatever (legal) steps are necessary to get current on all outstanding invoices to notaries and to ensure that, going forward, ALL notaries are paid the entire agreed upon fee, not within 45 business days, but within 30 calendar days, no exceptions.

Should they decide to run their business with impeccable integrity, protecting borrowers' (and notaries') personal data with extreme care, and treating with respect any notaries they can manage to get to work for them, they wouldn't need any staff (or anyone else) to come to this forum (or any other forum) to defend them. But I'm not betting on that happening...

Reply by Stoli on 5/29/13 10:13am
Msg #471573

Re: Witch Hunt or Non Pay Issues

If ANS is a legitimate company, why doesn't it post on it's website their business license no., and who the owners are instead of its "staff" coming onto this forum and claiming to be staff.

WTF is the owner of ANS if Amanda Kirkish, CEO on linkedin is not the owner. Who are notaries working for?

Looks to the world as though ANS is a sole proprietorship of Jason and Amanda Kirkish, yet it's staff is permitted to come onto this forum and make all these wildassed claims about integrity, posture and pretty important issues of integrity. Why isn't Amanda answering for herself.

HIDING STILL?

At this point there seems to be a lack of reliablity and trustworthiness. The horse is long gone from the barn!

In checking with the business license divisoin of Lake Elsinore, CA, there is no business license for ANS. From the get go, they are not a legitimately licensed business. I hope these 1000s of notaries who are accepting work from ANS start doing their homework.

Reply by loancloser46 on 5/28/13 9:20pm
Msg #471518

I hope the TC's they do business with see this.........

They should be aware of the type of people who have access to their clients (borrowers/buyers) personal information. Everyone is so worried about our background !!!!! Signing Service owners and employees should be subjected to background checks as well. This is a prime example of why that should be so. Glad they don't have my personal info. So much pond scum in that arena of this business. Wish TC's had to deal with us directly and ss's would be out of the loop.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/28/13 9:37pm
Msg #471523

Maybe they only deal with sleeze ball TC's like

Genuine and Epic Real Estate Soultions to name just two of the vast number out there

Reply by CarolF/NC on 5/28/13 9:44pm
Msg #471524

Goldgirl - This is Priceless

How about something like this: "Dear notaries, You all know I have sinned and that I have paid the price. I am now embarking on the road to rehabilitation where I hope to do some good in this world. I would so appreciate it if you could extend me the trust that I probably don't deserve but will work hard to obtain by partnering with ANS as signing agents. I promise I will do my best to treat you professionally, pay you promptly and give you the respect business partners deserve. Thank you very much for your kindness and consideration."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.