Notary Rotary
A perspective on NSAs, regs, training, and certification
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_in_MI on 5/2/13 7:53pm
Msg #468429

Disclaimer: I am not an advocate of xzy for much of anything, but I do like their receipts books and have ordered them in the past. I guess that is why I receive their bulletins as I'm not a dues paying member (I jumped off that train a long time ago). Maybe they are thinking I might take the leap and actually join--NOT.

I do on occasion, if the headline catches my eye, actually read some of the articles in their bulletins. For example, this article caught my eye, especially with some of the posts recently related to training and questionnaires from TC and SS. It was interesting to read this person's perspective on national guidelines for NSA and appropriate compensation. Thought it would be of interest to others, if you have not already seen or read the article.

Again, only posting for information and discussion of the points raised in the article.

http://www.nationalnotary.org/bulletin/bulletin_articles/first_american_an_industry_leader_talks_signings.html?&WT.mc_id=3827&referID=A49143?&utm_source=BULETN&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=A49143

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/2/13 8:13pm
Msg #468438

LOL I Like your disclaimer..........................Yea I read this, like you; I get their bulletin although I am no longer a dues paying member.

First Amer requires it priority notaries to carry $100,000.00 insurance. I think I posted two years ago about paying for it and never getting a call. I found out The EO at the office I was suppose to be getting work from was doing the signing herself after hours.

It's good info Linda but.....(not meant for you) so what?

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 5/2/13 8:23pm
Msg #468442

His definition of "highly qualified" & industry standards

for one thing. But he does clarify and try to explain away that different TC/SS have different standards. Then the zinger question from xzy about industry standards nationwide. If that's not a trial balloon being floated (again), then I must be reading something into this that isn't there.

Again, it was interesting to see what they at First American are trying to say. But in the end, actions speak louder than words.

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/2/13 9:34pm
Msg #468452

Re: His definition of "highly qualified" & industry standards

FASS says: White Glove program. These are the Notary signing professionals who have continually met our highest criteria in all four categories: certification, performance, professionalism and customer service.

Yet I keep seeing posts from former White Glove notaries who lost their standing to a cheaper notary. Seems the talk and the walk are quite different.

And, yes, I agree with Linda...I see the start of a 'new campaign' to bring TCs on board with this for-profit notary organization to further line their wallets while draining ours.

So, what's really new here?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.