Notary Rotary
Anyone else receive from TS work orders whether directly
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 5/1/13 11:19am
Msg #468027

from them or a SS, an "Exhibit C" Signing Error Description? Lists many notarial errors they encounter. Also has a "fees" Section as to how much notary will be docked according to the error. But, at the end there is an asterisk **Title Source reserves the right to add additional signing errors". Apparently, they can ding our pay for whatever reason they feel like, IMO.

Seriously, are you accepting their orders with this caveat? It appears to be alot of hand-holding. They used to be an excellent client, but wondering what is happening with them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/1/13 11:25am
Msg #468039

If you consider this in addition to that ridiculous

"quiz" we had to take - I'm thinking they're now paying the price and doing damage control for their decision to use certain SS's for their scheduling? Makes you wonder the quality of notaries that were doing their signings when we're all being subject to this across the board.

JMO

Reply by Judy/TX on 5/1/13 11:29am
Msg #468048

Nope, have never received an Exhibit C or or list of signing errors from TS. My last one from them was two days ago and it was not included. Maybe it is something new and I will get this with my next confirmation.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 5/1/13 11:32am
Msg #468049

My thoughts, exactly Linda. Damage control. Wish they

would just contact us directly instead of farming out.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/1/13 11:34am
Msg #468054

I, personally, don't take the farmed out ones..

I know what TS pays me - I also know that when I've gotten the calls from SS's who announce it's a Quicken from TS, they offer me 50% of the fee.

No thanks.

Reply by janCA on 5/1/13 2:09pm
Msg #468102

Re: I, personally, don't take the farmed out ones..

I did 13 TS loans last month. A combination of Quicken, Chase and Nationstar and I have a Nationstar today. These were all directly from TS. I have not received the notary error notice.
I gather, as someone else has stated, when they started farming out to SS's, the quality of the work was dramatically affected. I did not get one call last month from an SS to do a TS assignment. And yes, the fee is cut in half, at the very least.

Reply by Frances Kany on 5/1/13 3:30pm
Msg #468131

I work directly with TS. Every now and then an SS will call and unless they meet my fee I won't do it. Sometimes they will, but not often. I have turned them down before (the SS) just to have TS call me directly for same job paying my fee. I have never received Exhibit C or instructions.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/1/13 5:21pm
Msg #468144

I don't accept any work that will ding you for an error I

will correct any error at my expense or......TAH

Reply by RIcloser on 5/1/13 7:07pm
Msg #468161

I was appalled and insulted to see that list! I can't remember which company includes requirement to "print on clean, white paper", I couldn't believe my eyes! This is getting ridiculous! They get what they pay for, and then they make professionals feel like morons!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 5/1/13 8:25pm
Msg #468175

exhibit C is in TS vendor contract. I'm sure they require SS

to included that doc with orders and yes I have seen it from SS.

Reply by Jack/AL on 5/1/13 8:59pm
Msg #468188

Re: exhibit C is in TS vendor contract. I'm sure they require SS

Have not seen the error list yet. If it arrives, I might have to decline, until I get the SS or TC who sends it to agree (in writing) to how much I'll be paid for late docs, cancelled appointment, names on docs not agreeing with names on borrowers' IDs, etc. Many times, they cost us money, with little or NO compensation, and sometimes even without an "I'm sorry." Fair is fair........

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.