Notary Rotary
Anyone have a HP4350 and using it wireless
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Rodney Davis on 5/9/13 1:58am
Msg #469298

If you do can you tell me if you found a card to install or using a network print server if so which you use
Thank You

Reply by JamesLee/VA on 5/9/13 6:31am
Msg #469303

I have my 4350's set up on my wireless network, but the printers themselves are not wireless. They came from an era that was before the true wireless printers came out. I do not believe they can be converted, but I may be wrong. I have never looked into that option.

Your 4350 should already have a "jet-direct" card installed. If not I suggest eBay or Craigslist. You shouldn't pay more than $50-$75 for it.

Plug it in the back..enable the IP functions in the print config screen and then plug your LAN line in. Your network should assign it an IP address which will appear on the printer screen. If it does not then go to the menu screen then "print configuration". If it does not show an IP address on that print out then you should download the manual off Hps website to further assist you.

Then of course go to your print driver and go into the TCP/IP set up and put in the IP address your system assigned it.

If everything goes the way it should, it should only take about 15 min to set up.

Good Luck!!

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 7:23am
Msg #469307

I have a 4250 - for this purpose the same. I am outputtiing wirelessly. Hardwired to my router (ethernet). Wireless from 2 computers on network. Going to signing now. Will be happy to provide any other info if you need it when I get back.... No problems with this confirguration.

Reply by Rodney Davis on 5/10/13 11:41pm
Msg #469636

I have the printer quite far from my router I wanted to Some how wirelessly connect from printer to the router I may have to relocate the printer however I understand print servers will do this but they are specific to printers so it may not work on this model

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.