Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone work for Land & Law Group in South Carolina?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by ApplePie on 5/16/13 6:59pm
Msg #470278

Among the list of requested items they want a profile photo. Sounds like a lineup.

Guess we could wear prison stripes for the pic. Or bright orange. Or, if you are in AZ you could wear pink and take the photo in front of a tent.

Weekly someone is saying how these requests are getting out of hand. This is a new one we can add to the list. A profile photo.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/16/13 7:11pm
Msg #470280

Since SC is an attorney-only state for loan signings, I

wouldn't see the point in signing up, photo or not.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/16/13 7:21pm
Msg #470282

A Florida SS called a notary pal of mine recently saying the lender requested a photo of her .... presumably to send on to the borrower. I'd heard of that before.

And talk about profiling. "We need to see what you look like." Too skinny? Too fat? Wrong gender? Wrong race? Unflattering hair? No hair? Too old? Too young?

In any case, just send them a pix of Kate Upton ... can't go wrong there.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/16/13 8:11pm
Msg #470288

Clem in monkey suit,ladies as Kate U, Moneyman undecided LOL n/m

Reply by Gregory/CA on 5/16/13 11:43pm
Msg #470299

ApplePie, are you sure they are asking you for a Profile Photo as you suggest or are they asking you for a photo for your profile? I have had some parties ask for a photo for their profiles but not a Mug Shot Profile (sideview) Photo as you wrote.

Reply by Mung/CA on 5/17/13 1:32am
Msg #470304

I send a pic of Mr. Furley! n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 5/17/13 6:00am
Msg #470306

They've recruited me too. As for attorney state they are going nationwide. It has nothing to do with the state they are in. I've found nothing on them and they are asking for a lot of information. I don't have a head shot and not sure I'm going to go out of my way for one.

Reply by KimmyMD on 5/17/13 7:23am
Msg #470310

Ilene. They asked me for all the same. I have a problem providing so much personal information

Reply by BobbiCT on 5/17/13 8:10am
Msg #470315

Photo and non-business personal information ...

If an unkempt, unwashed stranger knocked on your front door and asked you for a photograph, SSN, drivers license, car and homeowners insurance information, name of significant other and household members, would you freely give that information out?

As an Independent Contractor, I share BUSINESS information as I see necessary. As to a photograph, a sure way to discriminate against those of us who don't look "normal and American" when considering a person for an assignment. If a Borrower states, "I don't want no [insert ethnic slur] coming to me," does the Scheduler look through the photos to decide an appropriate appearing notary?

We are PUBLIC OFFICIALS commissioned by our state; that should count for something.

Reply by svazquez on 5/23/13 11:41am
Msg #471005

Re: Photo and non-business personal information ...

They just called me for a last minute closing. Seemed very nice on the phone and meet my fee. They haven't asked me for personal info yet as it seems maybe they were in a bind for this one. However, I am just wondering if anyone has worked for them and if payment was received

Reply by Beverly Kinlaw on 5/17/13 9:14am
Msg #470321

I almost did a signing for them

The only wanted to pay liike 60 to 70 - lots of faxbacks and insisted I complete all the signup docs, and send other docs asap before I could do the signing. I told them no thanks that I did not have the time to send all that first and that they contacted me first.
Not interested. Of course I could not half understand the guy calling me either so he had to repeat things over and over which had already taken more time than it should have.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.