Notary Rotary
Brother 5370dw question
Notary Discussion History

Brother 5370dw question
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 5/23/13 11:48am
Msg #471008

Brother 5370dw question

I have a Brother 5370dw with dual tray. It will print legal and letter automatically on my Windows7 IE8 but, now I got a new computer with with Windows7 professional and IE10.The printer settings box looks different. It will shrink legal to letter if I want but, won't automatically pick between the two sizes of docs. I do click on print according to pdf doc.
I am talking to a tech online he says to download into acrobat reader then print from there. I thought it already does that in order for me to view the doc which it does do.

Reply by ToniK on 5/23/13 11:59am
Msg #471010

Did you set it up for dual tray? You have to have the printer see both trays (if thats the problem).

Reply by walthtz on 5/23/13 11:59am
Msg #471011

There are 2 things you can try.
The forst issue is IE 10. There have been lots opf problems with this.
Put your internet back to Ver. 9.
The other item you can try. is in your print settings, select "PRINT AS IMAGE"
You will probably find the setting under advanced.

Reply by Ali/IL on 5/23/13 12:03pm
Msg #471012

I try to set it back to ie9 it says already Argh!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/23/13 12:16pm
Msg #471013

I don't believe the issue is IE (even though I much prefer Firefox).

You have a new computer. It doesn't seem to be communicating fully with your printer. Try re-installing printer. When I first got my 5370dwt, I had the same issue. BTW, I'm running mine wireless. I called Brother and they walked me through some steps I don't recall and it's been great ever since. If re-installing doesn't work, call Brother. It doesn't take long.

Reply by SAmobile/TX on 5/23/13 12:34pm
Msg #471016

I had the same problem when I switched computers.

You need to click on the start button in windows, then go to “Devices and Printers”

Right click on your brother printer, and you will get a drop down menu, select “printer properties”.

In the Printer Properties dialogue box, select “Accessories”.

Here you will have to define “Tray 1” for letter size paper, and add “Tray 2”, then define “Tray 2” for legal paper, and then click “update”.

It should work after that.

Good Luck!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/23/13 12:55pm
Msg #471019

SAmobile's correct. However, initially, I wasn't getting the window with "Accessories." If you're getting that, great! You're good to go with the rest of SA's instructions. If not, call Brother for the walk-through.

Reply by Ali/IL on 5/23/13 1:19pm
Msg #471022

I did it! What I did was downloaded the driver from the Brother site versus installing with the printer cd. The settings box looked just like the one on my other pc so I followed of all that ones settings and it worked. Now to do that remote printing that is another day.Thanks all

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/23/13 1:34pm
Msg #471025

Excellent! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 5/23/13 3:10pm
Msg #471031

Bravo! Always feels good to know back to working order n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.