Cam Scanner
Notary Discussion History

Cam Scanner
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by walthtz on 5/16/13 11:41am
Msg #470218

Cam Scanner

Hello
does anyone use an i Phone app called Cam Scanner to scan the required Faxed back documents from the table as you are going thru the documents with the BR.
You have a pro or con comments concering this?
Thanks

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/16/13 11:56am
Msg #470220

I use it. However, there are some quirks I don't understand about it.

For instance, when you scan one page only you can crop and brighten it before saving. But, when you scan multiple pages I don't see how you can crop and brighten each page of the many pages.

It is rather cumbersome simply because I do not understand all the nuances of the app.
I still wonder if buying the full version makes a difference. I think I read on here once that buying the full version was not necessarily better.

One time I had a lender reject the cam scanner pages because they looked like pictures. I don't know why that happened but they did look like pictures not scans. I think it had to do with the above mentioned problem. That only happened once though. The rest of the times they do look like scans. I rescanned them and all was well.

Is there a better app out there for scanning?

Reply by walthtz on 5/16/13 12:02pm
Msg #470222

I wrote the company asking a few questions, I am posting here my questions & their answers:
My Question to them is at the bottom.

Hi Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Here's the detailed explanation of the differences between CamScanner plus and CamScanner Pro:
IntSig released CamScanner plus in productivity category, and got many positive feedbacks.
To let more users understand and use our app, we released CamScanner Pro which has more features in business category.

There were some differences in prices and functions for CamScannerplus and CamScanner Pro.
After we released CamScanner Pro, we received many positive feedbacks from CamScannerplus users, they warmly requested to add CamScanner Pro's features for CamScannerplus.

To meet the needs of these users, we made a promotion activity to update the features for CamScannerplus only.
Technically, there is no difference between the newest versions of CamScannerplus and CamScanner Pro now.
My personal suggestion for you is to buy the CamScanner Pro version.

As to your second question, do you mean that you want to remove the water mark on scanned documents?
In Free Version, PDF files generated are embedded with watermark “Generated by CamScanner”. In Full Version, there is no watermark. Please feel assured.

As to your third question, we suggest you to email the document in PDF format, then the pages will be in order as in CamScanner. In your case, did you send the document in JPG format?
If so, we are so sorry that pages in JPG format will be in reverse order when you open the attachment. Also if you compress the attachment to a file folder, pages will show ramdomly.
Your suggestion will be considered in our future planning, and really appreciate your support and enthusiam on CamScanner.

Any problems in using CamScanner, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for supporting CamScanner.

Best Regards,
Ivy Sun
IntSig Information Co.,Ltd
www.intsig.com

Hello
I have the I phone 4s.
I have tried the free version & I like it.
Before I purchase it, I would like the answer to a few questions?
1. What is the difference between the PLUS & Pro Versions?
2. How does your tag line get removed when E-mailing the scanned Documents?
3. How can the pages be sent in the order scanned? Example: You scan 25 documents & when sending the last page scanned comes up in the email as the first page scanned when the receiver of the e-mail opens the attachment.

Reply by sueharke on 5/16/13 12:49pm
Msg #470231

I like the idea of printing an extra copy of the requested fax back documents and get them signed by the BO. A simple explanation of being able to drop the documents and still have docs to fax back may make the BO happier to sign the extra papers. Also, an assurance that once the docs are no longer needed that they will be shredded promptly.

Reply by Pam/NM on 5/16/13 12:01pm
Msg #470221

I have the Genius Scan app

but I feel like it would be way too time consuming to use it to scan back more than just a couple of pages. I'm not familiar with Cam Scanner, but Genius is a free app. You would have to do each page individually and I've used it when we needed maybe one page, sent immediately. For faxbacks, I just wouldn't go there. I just picked up an Okidata all-in-one laser that cranks out 40 ppm and scans really quickly with an ADF from Costco online for $129.00/shipping inc. I'm using it for a backup printer since the software doesn't support the bypass tray being used as legal vs letter. It's still a bargain and a great scanner, too.

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 5/16/13 12:44pm
Msg #470229

I don't have any of these scanner apps on my phone, however, I did consider buying the Magic Wand Scanner. I've seen them for as little as $60. Great reviews too. Anyone have one of these?

Reply by Pam/NM on 5/16/13 12:51pm
Msg #470232

I have a Vu Magic Wand

and it's fine for a few pages, but again, not for more than that. Unless you have the software to combine individual pdf's into one file, you have to send each page separately (at least on my scanner--I've had it for several years now--back when they were $99 Big Smile )

Reply by Robert522TX on 5/16/13 7:34pm
Msg #470285

sounds like a PITA! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.