Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Cerftifications & Memberships = higher volume or pay?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by AREMandJ Signers - Shelly on 5/9/13 9:15pm
Msg #469506

I'd like to get a general poll as to who has gotten positive results in their business by joining various notary organizations or paying for certification courses/tests. I've seen and received notices from various groups/companies stating that by becoming a member or by completing their certification course my business and income will increase exponentially. However, many of the companies I currently provide services have already certified me through tests/exams/surveys/QC audits they themselves produce. I don't have a problem with investing my money IF I truly am going to get a positive ROI. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 5/9/13 11:13pm
Msg #469519

Since there is no official and nationally recognized "certification" program in this industry, any certification is usually only worth the paper it's printed on. The fact that there are dueling certification courses should be your first clue. In some (most?) cases, it's just another attempt to separate you from your money.

As you pointed out, many of the hiring companies will perform their own testing, just to make sure you know what you're doing. Save your money and use it for marketing instead. One of the best investments you can make is a Premier Membership right here on NR, primarily because that bumps you to the top in notary searches in your area. I no longer do loan signings, but when I did my Premier Membership paid for itself with new business within the first month.

Reply by docs2go/ca on 5/9/13 11:49pm
Msg #469526

So, Mike, may I ask, "what is your best marketing tool"? Thanks!

Reply by HSH/WA on 5/10/13 12:18am
Msg #469535

Re: I ask a scheduler what she goes by in making appts

and she said - nearest zip codes to the signing, fee and if they have a good history with you. She did not know or care who was a paid member on any given site. Being close by with a "reasonable" fee really count and a good history signing for them is a home run. I might join NR because of the good work they do for us with this board and SC.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 5/10/13 12:36am
Msg #469539

Re: "I might Join NR because of the good work they do

for us..."

When you invest in any association that is supporting and improving your livelihood, you are investing in yourself.

Reply by AREMandJ Signers - Shelly on 5/13/13 11:30am
Msg #469754

Thank you for your replies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.