Notary Rotary
Chase approved notaries
Notary Discussion History

Chase approved notaries
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by wv/or on 5/31/13 12:48pm
Msg #471830

Chase approved notaries

Today I was called for a double signing. After I have printed the 2 sets of documents I received a call stating that Chase wants to use their approved notary and they cancelled me as the notary. I have done hundreds of Chase closings. How do you become Chase approved notary? (I will be paid for the printing fee)

Reply by CJ on 5/31/13 12:58pm
Msg #471832

I don't know how you become a Chase-approved notary, but I think you should tell them that you already printed the docs, and you should be compensated.

Reply by ananotary on 5/31/13 1:22pm
Msg #471837

Maybe they said "Chase approved" but really it was the title company directing the approved notary. All the big guys have approved notary lists. IE; Fidelity, Chicago, FATCO, Old Republic and they all have subsidiaries that use the same lists. I wonder if that is what was meant?

Reply by BobtheElder on 5/31/13 8:56pm
Msg #471892

Sounds like a title company making a change..

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 5/31/13 9:39pm
Msg #471896

Re: Chase approved notaries --

I was canceled for two Chase loans last year. The first time I was called back by Service Link, after they had scheduled it with me, saying that the particular loan originator preferred to use his own notary, one he was comfortable with. The second time I was told that this particular loan originator preferred to use her own notary. This time I was told the same thing, ie a particular notary was preferred. (These were two different loan originators in different branches). Both times I got the hint from the scheduler that the notary was a friend of the branch loan originator.

After that I stopped accepting Chase loans.

Reply by bfrank14 on 6/7/13 5:26pm
Msg #472576

Re: Chase approved notaries --

If you make a good connection with a Loan Officer they can specifically request you making you a preferred notary. Chase is trying to do most of their closings in their branches which means you have a chance to get in with a Loan Officer. I always leave my card with the LO after the borrowers leave and let him/her know that if they were happy with my services they can specifically request me for their closings.

Reply by Pamela/CA on 10/14/13 7:06pm
Msg #488133

Re: Chase approved notaries - Is a reality!

It is not a Title/Escrow choice. Last year, Chase decided they'd had enough of the lack of professionalism in the notaries arriving at their branches wearing muu muus, shorts, bringing kids, dogs, documents in tatters, and taking personal calls at the Table. I'm sure all Pro SA's have encountered them in the field... I certainly have. Loan Officers verbalized their dissatisfaction and thank heavens, those in power, listened... A Signing Agent becomes 'Preferred' through the vote of a Chase Loan Officer in their territory. LO's meet each month to compare notes on a variety of service aspects, one being US... the SA's. Those who do NOT meet the Chase criterion are not re-scheduled. LO's prefer SA's that they PERSONALLY have seen in action - How we dress (BIG deal), how we conduct a Signing, our methods of describing the docs and answering Signers questions are all in play.
I'm happy and grateful to report that both my husband partner and I are "Chase Preferred Agents"... however, as LO's change branches and new ones arrive, our marketing never relaxes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.