Notary Rotary
Class action against Final Link signing in California
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Kate/PA on 5/3/13 2:34pm
Msg #468593

Apparently they are a family company, now going by the name of Signing stream, class action lawsuit is being filed for refusing to pay thousands of notaries, my question is why some people were still working for them 2,3,6 months even up to a year when they still have not got paid in the first place.

Reply by ToniK on 5/3/13 2:37pm
Msg #468594

Simple: stupid is as stupid does... n/m

Reply by desktopfull on 5/3/13 2:39pm
Msg #468595

Wish them luck, but they will probably wind up with what

they have now, nothing.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/3/13 3:01pm
Msg #468596

Lawyers will get the money, notaries cents on the dollar. Better off going after them with criminal charges. Time in the pokey.

Reply by HSH/WA on 5/3/13 3:25pm
Msg #468605

Re: Better off going after them with criminal charges.

I agree with this comment from above post.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/3/13 3:39pm
Msg #468607

Could you post ehere you found the info so we can read it? tnx

Reply by sueharke on 5/3/13 4:05pm
Msg #468616

Would a better approach be for EACH notary to take Final Link to Smalls Claims Court and file to be heard on the same day (or different court locations on the same day) for the max amount allowed or the amount owed, plus interest and court costs.

This sounds similar to neighbors fed up with a rental landlord who rented to drug sellers that created a nusiance in the neighborhood. Each filed for the greatest amount allowed. Each person won the case against the landlord and the final amount was over $100,000.

Would this be cheaper than a class action lawsuit and paying a lawyer and the lawyer getting all the money?

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/4/13 7:27am
Msg #468703

Even if you win the lawsuit, all you get is a lien that's probably uncollectible unless you're willing to spend still more money. If it's a large amount, might be worth the hassle, but probably not.

Reply by Kate/PA on 5/3/13 4:44pm
Msg #468623

it was on onetwothree notary

Reply by HSH/WA on 5/3/13 5:24pm
Msg #468627

Re: EACH notary to take Final Link to Smalls Claims Court

This post from above is very appealing because it cuts out the attorneys - but will small claims court allow out of state notaries to participate, I think there are some jurisdictional rules.

Reply by Sha/CA on 5/3/13 8:10pm
Msg #468658

In CA Smalls Claims Court judgments need to be collected

by the plaintiff, if they can find any assets.

Reply by sueharke on 5/3/13 10:50pm
Msg #468679

Re: In CA Smalls Claims Court judgments need to be collected

Title companies pay the SS, what would prevent the winner of court judgement to attach all payments to the company? One debt collector for all winning plaintiffs could stand there and take any checks, direct deposits, and other assets to be shared by all winners? How long would a company stay in business under these conditions?

Reply by sueharke on 5/3/13 10:48pm
Msg #468678

Imagine notaries who are owed from each state suing in their respective Small Claims Court...all on the same or approximately same day. Do you think the company has enough money to fight all the claims at the same time?

Reply by Hanna Browning on 5/4/13 1:01am
Msg #468691

Anyone have their address so they can be served???

Reply by 101livescan on 5/4/13 8:43am
Msg #468713

What I would like to know is why no one has reported any of these bad companies to ripoffreport.com. There has not been an update there since Speedy Closings in October 2012.

Thankfully, and I owe it all to SC, I haven't been stiffed by one of these companies since DocuservUSA, 11th Hour Signings and Instafi.com over five years ago.

You gotta stand on your toes and beat the bad boys before they beat you up!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.