Notary Rotary
Commission Renewal
Notary Discussion History

Commission Renewal
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by chucke/fl on 5/25/13 8:56pm
Msg #471300

Commission Renewal

Has anyone renewed their commission through Notary Rotary and if so how long did it take? My commission expires in a month.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 5/25/13 9:19pm
Msg #471302

I renewed through Notary Rotary

I am pretty sure it was processed within 30 days. They emailed me a PDF of my new commission certificate and then mailed it to me with my new seal.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/25/13 9:33pm
Msg #471305

Don't stone me, but this year I took the NNA's course because I wanted to hear what they're telling people, and it was revealing. I aced the test in February, hoping the SOS can get me renwed by September 1 without a flaw, no felonies or misdemeanors or issues of terpitude in the last four years, so I think I'm good to go. Last renewal, my commission arrived on August 30! Pretty stressful!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/25/13 10:39pm
Msg #471310

Re the NNA class, I think it's always a good idea to occasionally check out what the other guys are up to .....

Reply by sueharke on 5/26/13 10:45am
Msg #471330

Comparing courses is always a good idea. When I was studying for the CPA exam many years ago I took one course and traded notes with a buddy taking a competitors course. Each had their strengths and weaknesses on some topic of study. Using the notes from both sources made understanding the material easier. It also made taking the test easier.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/13 10:42pm
Msg #471311

Re: Commission Renewal: NNA?

I didn't know this!! Need to renew by 9/30 and thought SOC was only option.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 5/25/13 10:47pm
Msg #471312

Re: Commission Renewal - depends on the state

I imagine the process is very different in VA than it is in CA. The requirements, as well as the process, vary greatly from state to state.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/25/13 11:17pm
Msg #471314

BTW, Cheryl ....

... no issues of turpitude? Really? How about all those glasses of pinot you're throwing back under the stars at that luxury oceanside inn, picking at herb-crusted scallops and fresh steamed garlic artichokes hearts while fantasizing about Sam Elliott, huh???

In any case .... the SOS Web site says it's currently processing applicants who took the test April 18. I wonder what's holding things up since you took the test in February? Apparently, just cos you took the test early enough, doesnt mean they're going to release your renewal commission until the last minute.....?

Reply by 101livescan on 5/25/13 11:35pm
Msg #471315

Re: BTW, Cheryl ....

Did I ever tell you about the day I was standing in line right behind Sam Elliott at a deli in Malibu? Fantasizing, No Way. I had the real experience.

Is there a limit of glasses of Pinot an NSA can have per week/month/year?

As long as i can connect the dots, I'll be a notary signing agent...just hope I get the commission in a timely manner.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/13 2:55pm
Msg #471343

GG - that's you're idea of turpitude? What a crock... n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/26/13 8:14pm
Msg #471357

Well, Susan ....

... it's all I felt I could reveal about Chery's lifestyle in the well-heeled enclaves of Santa Barbara.

Additionally, my life is so pathetically boring that a couple of glasses of pinot and a few thoughts about Sam Elliott and that mustache of his are all it would take for me to stray from the straight and narrow! Maybe not enough to get my commission revoked, but you never know how far things might (accidentally) go.

BTW: Give us your idea of some seriously good NSA moral turpitude!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 5/26/13 10:27pm
Msg #471366

Well, GG .... good point. I'll see you Sam E, and raise

you Tom Seleck and a Merlot to die for. Nothing (accidental) about mustaches, they grow 'em on purpose, those rascals.

Seriously, good NSA moral turpitude? No such thing...

I associate "good" with "moral." "Turpitude" = inherently vile, base; depravity. "Seriously good" is ambiguous.

Under all circumstances, Moral includes the absence of the 'inherently vile (Turpitude,) so, I can't find any good turpitudes anywhere.

Reply by VA/VA on 5/26/13 8:57am
Msg #471323

Re: Commission Renewal: NNA?

For Virginia there is a form to print off on the State's website, fill it out, send your check. Mine came back within a week.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/26/13 12:32am
Msg #471318

Check your PM n/m

Reply by LynnNC on 5/27/13 12:37pm
Msg #471389

In NC we have to take an online exam..

...to update our commission.

Reply by CJ on 5/28/13 9:49am
Msg #471434

My commission finally arrived this weekend.

I took the test on February 14th. I was told THEN that they were WAY behind on processing commissions, and it could take months. My commission was not set to expire until June 21, but I was picking up the vibes from other notaries there that I was cutting it too close, and I should have started the process a year before it expired. For me, I always get the Live Scan first because I don't want to wait until I pass (or don't pass the test).

I studied like crazy before test day, basically memorizing the handbook. I made flash cards for every conceivable thing I could think of. Anything that happened during the class was just gravy, but the more the class progressed, the more I felt like I did't know anything. They said, "Don't worry, there are only 30 questions on the test". Great: my job hinges on 30 questions.

I didn't want to be hasty during the test, so I read EVERY answer thoroughly and crossed off the answers that were wrong, and circled the answers that were correct, before I put my answer down. Sometimes the beginning of the question is right, but the end of the question is wrong. I KNEW I got 28 of them right, and I guessed on 2, but it turned out I got 100%! Yay!

I was very scared that my commission was never going to arrive, and I was worried about the mortgage, etc. My car did not pass smog, and it will need a new engine, so we are forced to get a new car, and one of my husband's clients didn't pay, so now we have to sue him. We don't need these other two money problems and not have my commission show up. I decided to call the SoS, and the lady on the notary line was able to check the status of my commission and she said it would be mailed out "next week". Whew! It arrived in my mail on Saturday.

Next time, I am going to get a year's head start on it.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/28/13 10:23am
Msg #471436

Re: My commission finally arrived this weekend.

Congrats, CJ!! Glad that part's taken care of. <<whew>>

I took my test May 11th and still haven't heard. My commission doesn't expire 'til Jan. '14 so I have time. Decided to start early this time. The older I get, the less stress I want/need. Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.