Curious. What is the most notarizations you have done at one
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 5/22/13 11:33pm
Msg #470967

time?

I did 50 for one signer two weeks ago and have 60 to do for his partner next week WITH CREDIBLE WITNESSES this time. Obviously this is GNW not loans. I cannot imagine doing this many at one time even though I did it all myself. A journal entry for each document, filled in certificates, kept it all straight without their help, and so on. (GN people have a tendency to shove papers at you and turn you loose.) I thought I was going there for 15-20 signatures. That was their guess. I had to have them print off more certificates for me because they were all loose and I ran out. Forty-eight Ack and two Jurats. Whew. Talk about focused. Had to have someone else pick the kids up from school and move another GN appointment to the next day.

Came home with a bag of fresh picked grapefruits and two of the largest Meyer lemons I have ever seen. They were as big as the grapefruits. Gotta love CA citrus trees growing in peoples' back yards.

I'd like to hear your stories of doing an outrageous number of notarizations.

Reply by LKT/CA on 5/22/13 11:57pm
Msg #470968

30 identical docs

30 entries, 30 signatures and 30 thumbprints.....these were recordable docs affecting real property. I also had to have their office make copies of my acknowledgments - I believe I had about 15 in my briefcase. SWEET!!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/23/13 12:00am
Msg #470969

I'd have to go back and count, but I think the most at one time was around 150 or so. I had to notarize the signature of each and every board member of a non-profit group on 15+ different grant applications.

I was there forever... and the hall where they met was downwind from some horse stalls... but it sure paid well.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/23/13 10:23am
Msg #470997

150! 'stinking' notarizations. Ha
You deserve a gold star.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 5/23/13 8:46am
Msg #470984

The most I did in a single LOAN package was 22 and that was back in 2006. The "average" number of notarizations for any given year has been and continues to be 7.

Reply by Linda Spanski on 5/23/13 9:35am
Msg #470987

Signing a commercial loan today

74 separate acknowledgments

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/23/13 10:22am
Msg #470996

Re: Signing a commercial loan today

74! The commercial loans I have done did not have near that many. How many signers were there?
High five to you!

Reply by SharonMN on 5/23/13 9:51am
Msg #470990

I regularly do 50 at a time at my day job as a paralegal - when something needs to filed in all 50 states.

I don't do GNW at lot, but I've had over 20 notarizations in a single loan packet before.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 5/23/13 10:25am
Msg #470998

Regularly do 50 per day! You don't have time for much else do you. :o)
Do you have preprinted certificates at least?
Good job.

Reply by SharonMN on 5/24/13 11:44am
Msg #471134

Well, they are normally all drafted by someone in our office and signed by the same person, so the notary cert is preprinted (and I can make them go change it if it's not right.) MN doesn't have a journal requirement, so although I do keep one, I would normally put them all on one line "50 affidavits of record". Really only takes about 15 minutes. And when I say "regularly," it's more like "periodically" - it's not an everyday occurrence, but I'm not shocked when someone stops by with a stack, either.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.