Notary Rotary
Docs with wrong state and county
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by upnorth/AK on 5/21/13 12:35pm
Msg #470762

Why is it so difficult for lenders to put the correct state and county for where the docs are being signed? If they are signing in Alaska, don't put that they are being notarized in Georgia.
Thanks, I feel better now.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/21/13 12:39pm
Msg #470763

Glad we could help out! n/m

Reply by JPH13/MO on 5/21/13 1:03pm
Msg #470765

Re: Docs with wrong state and county - it's their software

and it often is helpful, except when the property is not in the same location as the signing. I'm guessing they have software do that because it is then one less thing they have to worry about the notary not doing. I work for some companies with software that is able to correct the state and county to wherever the signing is taking place, and I do love that! Too bad they all can't (or won't?) do that.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 5/21/13 1:09pm
Msg #470767

It probably has something to do with using several different acknowledgement and jurat wordings in the same package. If they can't make up their minds what wording to use, why would we expect them to get the state and county right?

In fairness about the county, sometimes that changes at the last minute. Perhaps the signer was originally going to sign at home, but gets called into work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.