Notary Rotary
Email Requests vs. Telephone Requests
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 5/21/13 10:38am
Msg #470710

I sure am seeing an increase in mass e mail requests for signings as opposed to the telephone requests that I am used to. Most of my regular title companies and signing companies pick up the telephone and call me if they have a signing in my area. One of my local title companies always sends me an e mail request, but it is to me only, not a mass e mail to 50 notaries and the first one with the lowest bid gets the deal.

If you value me as a notary signing agent, please pick up the telephone and call me directly and request my services, or send me an individual e mail requesting my services. Please do not send me a mass e mail and expect me to respond within two minutes with my "bid" for the job.

Reply by Jim/AL on 5/21/13 10:40am
Msg #470711

Can u blame them? If u can save $$, I assume you do.

Not saying it is right...but it is the American way and a sign of the times.

Reply by jnew on 5/21/13 10:43am
Msg #470714

It seems to me that the "chunk" of money withheld by the signing service could be earned by actually calling notaries and setting jobs rather than "free-for-all" e-mails. The TC could do that with out the need for a SS.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/21/13 10:43am
Msg #470715

I agree....

I would accept e-mail assignments from a handful of companies who, I know, if they e-mail me with it the fee is already set, no negotiation and I know what's involved. I don't like these mass e-mails either.

I got one at 9:45 last night for a 10:30 this morning from a company I've never worked for - hour trip one way plus package drop, probably 3 hours on the road - $90...<<delete>>

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/21/13 11:32am
Msg #470731

One of the things I've noticed on these mass e-mail request is they never say, "need to correct notary error on previous signing request". I guess everyone of there signings are error free.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/21/13 11:33am
Msg #470732

or maybe that's when they call LOL n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.