Faxing
Notary Discussion History

Faxing
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by walthtz on 5/9/13 11:54am
Msg #469365

Faxing

Hi.
Does anyone have an issue with the Fax Here on sending a fax?
When I try to upload a file to be faxed, the system times out.
The size of the file is 51.3 mb.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Walt

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 12:08pm
Msg #469369

If you were not so cheap you would have a fax machine

Oh that's right when you work for low pay companies you have to tighten the belt..

Reply by VT_Syrup on 5/9/13 12:17pm
Msg #469371

Re: If you were not so cheap you would have a fax machine

Never mind the cost of the fax machine. Can you recover the $30 per month in phone fees per month from those companies that request faxes? I can't. I have no other need for a traditional phone line.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 12:22pm
Msg #469375

All wrapped up with cable bill

Only use for my line is for fax machine otherwise it would be gone. Some companies do not want a scan and email. FIOS will be in my area come this summer.. bye bye cable.. Never going to get back what you spend, just a cost of doing SMART business.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/9/13 12:45pm
Msg #469390

Re: All wrapped up with cable bill

I have comcast and use a bundle package with cable, internet and a phone line. My Brother All-in-One has the fax machine included, so use my phone line for that, and write that portion of my bill off of my taxes.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/9/13 12:57pm
Msg #469397

I use to bundle but changed back. I went on vacation for a month and when I returned, EVERYTHING was disconnect because of the phone bill. yikes...

I use my Fax Line to make LD calls but would really like to get rid of it. I have another line line, that has ATT internet access and also we have cable. One goes out of service we still have the other. It's a shame how dependent we have become on the net.

Reply by Luckydog on 5/9/13 2:31pm
Msg #469428

If it is "bundled" there is no phone bill, just one bill for all 3 services. You must not have paid your bill then.

Reply by Notarysigner on 5/9/13 2:58pm
Msg #469438

I said phone bill because my cable is seperate..I have more

then one phone (3) so the are bundled in one phone bill. No it wasn't paid because I was still on vacation (month) when the billing cycle closed/pass. BTW, I am retired "phone" company, I get one of my phone free for life, hell it was disconnect too!!!! LOL

Reply by walthtz on 5/9/13 12:18pm
Msg #469373

Why is it that all the so called Smarties seem to know the so called answers?
Why is it they cannot answer a quest?

Reply by sueharke on 5/9/13 1:05pm
Msg #469400

Because the people who responded have learned to be independent and not rely on someone else to provide the equipment or technology needed to perform a service. The NotaryRotary Fax is a great service, but if it does not work, contact Notary Rotary and ask if you are using the technology correctly. It might be a user issue rather than a Notary Rotary technology issue.

Reply by walthtz on 5/9/13 1:27pm
Msg #469409

Thank you for your reply.
I will do that.
But, I believe after being on FIOS tech support for the past 2 hrs, The problem is with Verizon not allowing
large files to be uploaded.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 12:28pm
Msg #469377

I use a scanner, not having a FAX doesn't make you cheap.

How do you know who this person works for? Why the personal attack?

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 12:35pm
Msg #469380

Fax is a must need for our business

As I said there are companies who "only want a fax" As for Walt check his profile.. He works for every low ball company around.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 12:42pm
Msg #469387

Re: Fax is a must need for our business

What's wrong with something like Ring Central.... It is a fax.. Whether or not I use one of my scanners to use if is of no consequence to the receiver... It also has various methods of delivery. Also for my convenience, transparent to the receiver. Can be their efax or fax machine. Of course there are other services.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 12:48pm
Msg #469393

Ring Central 40/month unlimited

Cable is the same price and I can make phone calls can't on Ring Central. Either way "cost of doing business"

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 1:29pm
Msg #469412

Re: Ring Central 40/month unlimited - I am not advocating

anything. I do not have a $40 plan. I have my phone with cable... Because... it is all wrapped up with "everything" so I don't even know what it costs individually because cable includes a gazillion channels, internet plan that is grandfathered in (whatevertheheck that means) and so forth and so on)....

I have basic fax plan with Ring Central and so far that has worked. In fact it was only $7.49 with discount for 6 months and just went to $9.99. I do like it. (Alot!) Certainly don't want to pay $40.00. I will cross that bridge if I have to. I had Maxemail for years and years. $17.xx a quarter plus so much a page for send I think. I don't know.... I think they took $10. at a time. But I really like this. I tried using secure email but some of the "receiving signing services" who required it had problems at times. So it was a PIA for me. That is why I got in to this. I love my new scanner which scans so fast that I cannot believe it.. To me it is about convenience.

Again, I don't suggest anyone do what I do. This is what works for me... For now anyhow. LOL.
Any hey, I am always open to new ideas... Smile

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:13pm
Msg #469403

Every company I work for that wants faxbacks gives me a secure email to scan the docs and send. I haven't faxed anything in 4 years.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 7:41pm
Msg #469485

This would be my choice if the choice were mine....

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 10:20pm
Msg #469515

Talked a company into providing email for docs when I pointed out how much paper and toner they would be saving by viewing the docs on their computer, on top of the fact that they can print as many copies of the docs that they need. They set it up in two hours and told me to send the docs.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/10/13 7:18am
Msg #469547

That's great. Especially when you do a lot of "faxbacks" because efax can get expensive depending on the plan... I suppose. I used to use "Protected Trust" to send secure email for Landsafe emails of faxbacks... Sometimes they had a problem opening them for some reason. That caused a problem for me if I was not at home when they informed me and I was carrying the the package thinking I was going to get the call to drop the package. So, I just switched.. But if you can get the company to provide the secured email, that certainly would resolve the problem.

Right now I have a 500 page a month account send with Ring Central for $9.99. (I think that is what it is) So far not a problem... I have to keep an eye on it though... Smile Otherwise I love it. Very convenient. For me anyhow.

Reply by MikeC/KY on 5/14/13 12:12am
Msg #469826

I always scan and email fax backs. Way too many times in the past of getting phone call...." we did not get pages 4, 11, and 26. Can you please refax them?"

This was I see what is scanned and if need be, I simply send it via email again to them. Problem solved. It also does save a ton of ink and paper for the TC/SS as well as time. JMHO

Reply by Teri_PA on 5/10/13 4:12am
Msg #469545

Those individuals who work for low fees for whatever their reasons are truly not your competition. A seasoned professional has a bunch of clients, that are relatively loyal based on history. When they want the job done right, every time, they will call you. Vendor management companies will always go to the lowest bidder, and in some cases, these individuals happen to be really good. Their model is different from yours. In this business, as in any, it is about supply and demand. As long as there are more people out there professing to be signing agents, than there is a demand for, then fees will continue to be low. I remember being new and happily taking $50 overnighted FASS packages, dropped to borrower and racing around all day. One day, TCT called me, and offered me a signing and offered me $150. My jaw dropped, I took it, ran with it, and figured out quickly, there was some money to be made in this business....and we were off...Times have changed; fees haven't changed for the positive. There are now too many of us for the volume that exists in some areas. We need to adjust our models to continue to thrive and enjoy our jobs, or leave.....In any field, there will always be those that underprice their skill set....Such is life.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/9/13 12:35pm
Msg #469381

They are in the same town, and one of them seems

unable to compete and cries about the competition.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 12:37pm
Msg #469383

I'm fine booked solid and yes hate people next to me

work for pennies.. maybe they will step it up and work for real money one day.

Reply by janCA on 5/9/13 2:24pm
Msg #469426

Re: I use a scanner, not having a FAX doesn't make you cheap.

I agree, desk.

I use NR's fax, I only need it for SL and sometimes TS for Nationstar.

I haven't used a fax machine in years and would never go back to it. I scan and email, then fax through NR. Much faster and I don't have the headache that many who complain about their fax machines being slow, have. And I'm certainly not cheap! Get a grip, people.

Reply by walthtz on 5/9/13 1:01pm
Msg #469399

Actually , I do have 2 fax machines, & I also have FIOS. I thought I would try this service here, but There lies a problem. It seems that while Notary Rotary will accept large files, Verizon will NOT allow large files to go thru.
FIOS for the most is godd, but there are quarks , like uploiading large files.
And to set the record straight, I never mentioned what I was getting paid to do the faxing.
Lets just say, the company met my fee for doing it.
Everyone on here is out to make a buck, wghat I charge is NONE of your concern until you pay my bills!!!!!

Reply by sueharke on 5/9/13 1:10pm
Msg #469401

I am responding as a CPA. I suggest you find the closest Small Business Administration and take their classes to learn how to run a business. Also, talk to SCORE (a part of the SBA). From your response I hear a lot of anger. There is a lot you could learn about how to run a business, especially how not to get offended when given constructive criticism from other experience notaries by working with SBA.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:16pm
Msg #469404

Name calling is not constructive criticism. n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/9/13 1:36pm
Msg #469418

Re: Name calling is not constructive criticism.

Hmmmm, desktopfull.... yesterday you defended the worst of the worst ...Lisa and her henchmen of SoCal... and today Walt??? What's next?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/9/13 3:24pm
Msg #469445

You know Walt, and his business accumen?

Or do you just know what his competition has put out on this forum?

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/9/13 3:36pm
Msg #469447

Re: You know Walt, and his business accumen?

From Walt's profile

"companies including J.M.T., Nations Signature, C.S.S., 24-7, LoanClosers and others. Accept documents via E-Mail, E-Fax, or Mail. Additional printing charge for documents via E-Mail,"

Each one of the above companies list are known low slow paying companies. Sorry but this kind of notary that drags us all down regarding pay.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/9/13 4:55pm
Msg #469461

Who died and made you Sheriff?

Sheriff ME/NJ making the world safe for notary's everywhere, hear, hear.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 4:27pm
Msg #469457

Against personal attacks and name calling, you bet!

All he asked about was sending a large FAX file and the beat down began in the first response. Very professional! BTW, he has the right to work for whomever he wants, it's his business. He not telling you or anyone else how to conduct yours.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 5/9/13 12:13pm
Msg #469370

That's a large file, you might want to break it up

Or try a different service such as maxemail which can handle that.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 12:30pm
Msg #469378

Try scanning to a smaller PDF format. n/m

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 12:32pm
Msg #469379

Re: Try scanning to a smaller PDF format.

Excellent idea and you can't that on a fax machine... can you?

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:11pm
Msg #469402

With the online faxes you can.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 1:30pm
Msg #469414

Exactly... I was agreeing with you. Smile

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 4:32pm
Msg #469459

My mistake, misread your post. Sorry.

Reply by Barb25 on 5/9/13 7:37pm
Msg #469484

Smile

Reply by Jodith/WA on 5/15/13 2:42am
Msg #470008

I use RingCentral. For just under $11 a month, I can fax up to (IIRC) 500 pages per month. Lots cheaper than the cost of a phone line for a fax machine. You can e-mail the file to the phone number at rcfax.com or you can upload the file on their site. They also have an adroid app you can use. Not affiliated with them. I've been a happy customer for 3 years now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.