Notary Rotary
Finding work
Notary Discussion History

Finding work
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Beck on 5/9/13 9:35am
Msg #469327

Finding work

I just got my title producer license and am not a notary. Can anyone tell me how to find work? Thanks!

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 9:39am
Msg #469330

*now a notary

Reply by dawn/IL on 5/9/13 9:48am
Msg #469335

Well that's kind of up to you. There is no miracle get work quick scheme in this business. You need to work hard, solicit and market yourself. Get a website, research, research and research. you should be giving up several hours a day on marketing. Are you wanting to start your own title company or just do signing?

Reply by dawn/IL on 5/9/13 9:50am
Msg #469336

also, research this forum for suggestions.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 10:00am
Msg #469340

I would like to just do signings.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/9/13 10:13am
Msg #469344

What kind of background do you have in

closings/signings, if any? And where are you located?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/9/13 10:40am
Msg #469348

Beck, Dawn told you HOW to find work.

Work just doesn't automatically appear. You have to market, research, sign up with many companies, etc etc etc. Go to the Signing Central Tab above. Companies are listed there. Start clicking and signing up. Do you have the proper equipment: laser jet printer, smartphone, fax capabilities, are your cabinets stocked with legal, letter size paper, pens, briefcase etc etc. What does your "profile" here look like (we can't see it). What kind of experience do you have with loan documents?

There is so much to learn. Take one step at a time and read this forum religiously. We all started somewhere and it takes time to build up relationships with companies. Many of us have been at this for several years and we've worked hard. Do your research and then come back here and ask valid questions. Most have been answered many many times. The orange search button will help you find answers to the most commonly asked questions.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 10:47am
Msg #469350

Re: Beck, Dawn told you HOW to find work.

Thanks, ladies. I will read the forum. I just didn't know where to start. I am located in southern Indiana.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/9/13 10:49am
Msg #469351

The reason I asked my questions were..

1. If no prior experience, she's going to have to find a good loan signing course since that's what she wants to do...and

2. He state ID said she's from AK - is that true or did she just forget to set her state? No sense in going through all the advice if she's in an attorney-only state.

Need to hear from Beck.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/9/13 10:50am
Msg #469354

Ah..there we go...thanks Beck...

Do you have loan signing experience?

Also - Indiana you need your TPL to do signings...so you need to start researching getting your TPL before you start working....except as a general notary.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/9/13 10:51am
Msg #469355

Disregard this - just re-read your original post.. :) n/m

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 11:41am
Msg #469360

Re: The reason I asked my questions were..

Linda I am in Indiana. I tried to change that on my profile and it wouldn't let me. I don't have any prior experience other than taking the tpl course through the state of Indiana.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 11:41am
Msg #469361

Re: The reason I asked my questions were..

Linda I am in Indiana. I tried to change that on my profile and it wouldn't let me. I don't have any prior experience other than taking the tpl course through the state of Indiana.

Reply by BobbiCT on 5/9/13 10:49am
Msg #469352

Do your market analysis ...

You may find it is more profitable working with what you can do as a licensed title producer than as a notary signing agent.

Meant with a kind spirit. Title agents that I know generally make a great net profit than the $50-$100 per assignment than a notary signing agent earns. "AK" being a rural state, I imagine the travel time, wear-and-tear and gas on your car puts a crimp in an NSA's net profit margin.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 12:25pm
Msg #469376

Wow! Is it any wonder so many small businesses fail when people enter into a business without having the slightest notion on what is required to do the business they are starting?

First thing to do if you want to be a NSA is: Find out if it is permitted in your state.

Second, if allowed: Get your "NOTARY COMMISSION."

Third, take some business courses to learn how to start and run a business.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 12:36pm
Msg #469382

Wow! Aren't you rude!?? first, NSA is permitted in the state of Indiana. Second I do have my notary commission. Oh and third, you don't have to be so rude. If you didn't like my question, don't respond!

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/9/13 12:41pm
Msg #469385

Sorry, Beck, but desktopful does have a valid point. There's more to this than having a stamp and a license. Start by doing a search (orange button) for Msg # 33325--which will give you a clue as to what you'll need to know.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:24pm
Msg #469405

Why is telling the truth considered rude by the newbies?

OP says: "I just got my title producer license and am not a notary. Can anyone tell me how to find work? Thanks!"

In your opening statement you clearly state that you are NOT a notary. So which is it, do you have your commission or not?

Also, if you think what I posted was rude, your in for an eye-opening experience on this board. I was attacking you or being rude, just telling you like it is, sorry if you can't handle the facts.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 1:27pm
Msg #469408

Re: Why is telling the truth considered rude by the newbies?

If you look on my post of 9:39 AM, you will see that I made a typo. Were you ever a newbie??? You probably have forgotten what it is like to just start out again.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:31pm
Msg #469416

When I started out these forums didn't exist and yes I

learned on my own. I also had previously experience on running a business. I have been self-employed for at least 30+ years.

Reply by Beck on 5/9/13 1:36pm
Msg #469417

Re: When I started out these forums didn't exist and yes I

that's great!

Reply by IDANotary on 5/9/13 1:45pm
Msg #469420

Re: Why is telling the truth considered rude by the newbies?

Hey Beck, Desktopful is an intelligent and respected business owner. I am sure he started his business by first doing research and investigating the pro and cons, what it takes, etc. to be successful. You come on this forum built by and for professionals, ask an impractical question and expect the instant gratification for quick and easy answers. You are the rude one.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/9/13 1:28pm
Msg #469410

Should be "wasn't being rude," sorry no edit button. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.