Notary Rotary
First Signing Service in Pleasanton Ca. WTH
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by John Tennant on 5/31/13 2:41pm
Msg #471854

Got a call this morning from this new this year (on signing central) 4.5 star company. Went like this: Are you available for a signing in San Diego today at 6:30? Me: What type of signing? Them: I don't know we do not have the docs yet. Me: So you do not know what type of signing, how big the package is, how far I would be traveling, if faxbacks are required, or anything else? Them: No, if we do not find another notary to do this before we get the package, then after we get the package, may we call you back? WTH. All of the ratings on this company are with in the last 3 months. It does not appear to exist before then. I question if these ratings are real.

Reply by John Tennant on 5/31/13 2:45pm
Msg #471855

Please correct the name to First Class Signing. My OOPs.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/31/13 3:07pm
Msg #471861

All the ratings are out of CA too...

that my "hmmm" factor. Smile

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/31/13 3:37pm
Msg #471866

I have gotten calls where the signing service did not

know how big the package is since they did not have docs yet. I always tell them my fee and if the package is larger than an average package, I expect more compensation for time and printing. The companies that I work for do not have a problem with that. If they did, I wouldn't be working with them!

Reply by John Tennant on 5/31/13 5:01pm
Msg #471870

Re: I have gotten calls where the signing service did not

Jessica, if it was just the package size it would have not been a problem. The nice young lady that called me did not know beans about the assignment and wanted me to lock up one of the premier times on a Friday and stand by the phone. Not my way of doing business.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 5/31/13 5:41pm
Msg #471875

Ok, I agree. :) n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/2/13 2:51pm
Msg #472029

I have worked with First Class Signing since 1/10/13.

Eric Hill pays in 2-3 weeks. My base edoc fee is $125 and it goes up from there depending on distance, size of package, fax/scan-backs, etc. Have never had a problem with them agreeing to my fee.

While I agree they should've had more info on that order they offered John, I would hazard a guess that's all the info that TC gave them and they were trying to get it filled asap thereby reserving that time slot. Usually, the packages are sent to notary directly by TC. In the 5+ months I've worked with First Class, they have never withheld pay nor have they cancelled an order nor have they kept shopping around for another notary. I have dealt with Eric, Kirstie and Danielle and all of them have been a pleasure to deal with. Will work with them every chance I get.

Note: No, I was not asked to post this. No, I am not being compensated in any way to post this. Just posting my personal experience.

Reply by John Tennant on 6/2/13 9:22pm
Msg #472039

Re: I have worked with First Class Signing since 1/10/13.

Yoli, had they given me even the basics of the signing we could have worked something out. I know of no notary that would tie up a prime signing hour on a Friday night without some facts. Therefore, this post. I considered it very unprofessional. JMHO.

Reply by First Class Signing on 6/4/13 10:42am
Msg #472156

Re: I have worked with First Class Signing since 1/10/13.

John, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Danielle started working with us about three weeks ago, and this will be a great training opportunity for her and everyone else here. As with our ratings, we are a newer company and our current clients do not have/or given us a lot of signings outside of California yet. Trust me, I wish I could change that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.