Notary Rotary
Good month but of EOM went out with a wimper
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 5/25/13 5:00pm
Msg #471285

Slowest EOM in a long time with one Friday and one Sat, but the month was the best ever. Anybody doing and closings on Memorial Day?

Reply by mtnotary on 5/25/13 5:43pm
Msg #471288

Great EOM and great month. 5 today and 2 yesterday. I was asked to do a closing on Monday I told them my regular fee of $1xx and they said that was to much. My husband said I should have charged them double. They didn't call back so I wonder who they got being that the others SA are all on vacation this weekend.

Reply by ME/NJ on 5/25/13 6:56pm
Msg #471293

It was a good EOM, everything went well started at 8am and was back home at 5:30 (5) I took the weekend off and most of next week booked up already.

Reply by Roger_OH on 5/25/13 7:14pm
Msg #471296

VERY rare EOM Friday for me...

8 signings - received 5 packages the day before, 2 others overnighted, and the other email package received in plenty of time.

All were within a 15 mile radius geographically, no revised HUDs, and no borrower issues from anyone. Amazingly smooth day.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/25/13 7:52pm
Msg #471298

12 signings yesterday starting at 9am. Six in one place back to back, did not have to print or fax back. Had four evening evenings, all went smoothly, mostly purchases all day long, everyone was on time, I only printed one set of docs. Everyone within 5 miles of each other. No drama, no fuss. A very unique month end. I could use more of these. Still, today, I can hardly put one foot in front of the other, just got up from a nap. So much for yard work today.

I ran into one of my co-NSAs, redfaced and out of breath who had been on the 101 on a Friday, holiday weekend, running late all day, and she was telling me how backed up all the roadways were. I was grateful for my schedule over hers, been there done that.

After years of doing this work, I'm also grateful that I had control over my own work schedule and that all my files paid $XXX, no late docs, no late clients, no wrong docs and everyone was happy with their loan. I've had quite the opposite experience time and time again over the years. There were more borrowers for signing docs that time slots or room accommodations all day long. Absolute madness.

What a blessing.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 5/25/13 9:54pm
Msg #471308

It was a great month for us too..EOM started a little slower but then it all kicked in..We did 5 today and turned down quite a few..No Mon closings for me..Need a day to catch my breath..Tues - fri getting booked!

Plus we are waiting on the arrival of a new grandson..any day now..And both my husband and myself have sinus infections..Its been a good week with no late docs no issues and only 2 cancelled. Ill take this kind of week any time!

Reply by ToniK on 5/25/13 9:53pm
Msg #471307

I'm so glad for y'all. I guess taking that one week cruise messed me up. Lol only had 3 this week but I was really tired from vacation plus had moved one week prior to vacation and come back to taking my Pre-license Title Agent class Friday & Saturday.

Well I'll be glad to do clean up work and last minutes this coming week. Really excited to taking my Title exam soon!!!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 5/25/13 10:49pm
Msg #471313

I had "only" 3 this week, also (and feel like I've been hit by a truck). But that's another story.

I KNOW you'll be getting us up to speed.

VA notaries: Share in discussion "RESA" (fka, CRESPA) on VNN!

Reply by doglover/CA on 5/25/13 11:52pm
Msg #471316

I am doing closings each day of this Memorial Day weekend. Had two loans signed with same borrowers today, two scheduled for tomorrow, and one on Monday.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 5/25/13 11:57pm
Msg #471317

Good month but EOM was a bummer. My daughter got hurt and spent Tu and Fri all day in the ER with her. She dislocated her elbow not once but twice in 3 days. Turned down a lot. But, that's the beauty of being self employed. We can do what we need to do with family.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 5/26/13 9:34pm
Msg #471360

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Linda.

I had a little problem understanding the heading of the OP, with the EOM going out with a whimper.

I spoke with a title company employee this weekend. I asked about EOM not being at the end of the month, as I have never understood this. She said it had something to do with interest.

Work has been heavier for me this month, especially last Friday, but that was mostly because I had to go to two different counties for the husband and wife to sign. The husband is in EMS and had a call in the middle of the signing, so I had to go back at dusk after all my other work in order to finish up, and he got a call right after his last signature. I live in a different county. I had two general notary calls for my own town on Friday besides the closings I had.

I have something tomorrow when the borrower finally calls back to confirm.

This work is never dull. I even killed a scorpion in the ambulance barn after the crew left. I was on the phone with the wife to tell her I was now on my way when I saw it. I left the carcass for the ambulance crew to find and know they have them, but later in the day I was told that they always have them. The crew members sleep in that place! I itched the whole time I was there after seeing that one. Folklore says they always travel in pairs, male and female. I was cautious about where I set my bag.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.