Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
HELP. Two HUDS in Pkg. Two different amounts!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Frances Kany on 5/10/13 2:33pm
Msg #469597

I have a closing this evening. I received the pkg and notice two separate HUDS. One says money from borrower and one says money to borrower. Tried calling the number given on confirmation for help with documents. This person is out of the office today. The person that is taking over tells me use the one that needs to be signed!! ERRRR!! I have emailed her back but no reply yet. This is so frustrating. Has anyone ever had this happen? How was it resolved?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/10/13 2:37pm
Msg #469599

Check the dates

Final HUD will have the latest date, or might even read "Final HUD".
I have had a zillion within a package and lender wants them ALL signed.

Reply by SharonMN on 5/10/13 9:52pm
Msg #469632

Re: Check the dates

Yeah, what's up with that? How's the borrower supposed to know which numbers to use when tax time comes? Is there any reason the lender would want preliminary HUDs signed, or is this just a case of the person you call not knowing the answer and saying "sign it all" to cover themselves?

>> I have had a zillion within a package and the lender wants them ALL signed.

Reply by CJ on 5/10/13 2:38pm
Msg #469600

Don't panic - not uncommon.

I notice that they seem to generate HUDS as they go along. Find the most current one and show them that one. They usually have a time and date stamp in the upper right hand corner of page one. Sometimes the earlier one does not have the payoff on it. Usually, the one in the middle is the earlier one, and the one on the top or the bottom is the more recent one (added at the end). If there is a settlement statement with Title's letterhead or logo on it, that will match the correct one.

Reply by Frances Kany on 5/10/13 2:41pm
Msg #469601

Re: Don't panic - not uncommon.

Thanks. A bunch of help.

Reply by Cherylann on 5/10/13 4:14pm
Msg #469610

Look at the top of the HUDs, see if one has the Title company logo and the other one doesn't. Sometimes there will be a 'draft' (preliminary) version in there. Title one is the final one. Check for dates prepared as others have said as well. Check your instructions, some title companies will tell you in the instructions if you are to pick up a check (personal or cashier's) and the amount.

Reply by Frances Kany on 5/11/13 11:36am
Msg #469662

Ended up talking with. Title and getting answer but the Hudson did not have times on them and neither were marked with title name across top. After getting to SIGNING borrower had tried to close a few days before. The amount to send backhand changed significantly. But got it done. Whew was I tired when I got home.

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 5/11/13 9:38pm
Msg #469695

The final HUD has a file number. Interim HUDs don't but "travel" with the file.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.