Notary Rotary
HP printer techies- HELP!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by desktopfull on 5/2/13 1:16pm
Msg #468323

The latest updates from Windows 7 & Adobe shut down my HP-2430tn. I deleted and tried reinstalling, however, I still can't get the HP-2430tn to print. Windows won't recognize it as a USB printer and I don't have an LPT port on either of my computers. HP is useless on resolving problem. Took printer to HP repair service and the USB port is okay on unit (their computers won't recognize the printer either). Any suggestions???? Was working great until the auto updates.

Reply by JeffC/CA on 5/2/13 2:10pm
Msg #468345

You could try uninstalling the latest updates. Control Panel-show updates-uninstall.

Reply by desktopfull on 5/2/13 2:47pm
Msg #468352

TY! I didn't know I could do that. n/m

Reply by sueharke on 5/2/13 3:30pm
Msg #468359

Uninstall the most recent version of adobe and the printer software program. Reinstall a different version of adobe that worked in the past. Reinstall your printer driver software.

Reply by JeffC/CA on 5/2/13 3:44pm
Msg #468368

I should have been more precise.
In Windows XP it's control panel/add-remove programs look for button or link to "show updates" (or something like that) then uninstall latest windows update.

In Vista/Win 7 it's control panel/programs & features, click on "view installed updates".

And of course you can just uninstall Adobe Reader and go back to previous version.

Hope that's a little more clear.

Reply by Jose Gutierrez on 5/2/13 6:05pm
Msg #468405

I would do a restore point, if you don't know how to do this. Go do a search on youtube on "how to do a restore point in Vista, XP Windows 7 or 8" or what ever OS you have and just do a restore point to a date that you remember it was working fine and you will be good. I was having a blue screen in my laptop last night and I did what I just described above.

Hope this will help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.