Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers here.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by RickG/CA on 5/12/13 4:38pm
Msg #469723

You've all juggled time and energy preparing others for this thing we know as life. You've given everything especially love.

To all the mothers here, thank you and happy mother's day!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 5/12/13 5:29pm
Msg #469726

Thank you, Rick! Also wishing all the Mothers in your life a Happy Mother's Day!

Reply by 101livescan on 5/12/13 6:19pm
Msg #469727

The most important thing I got from my mother is my work ethic, and to learn to cook, sew, cultivate a vegetable garden and clean. On the back burner now that I'm so busy. Trader Joe's and Costco food sample stands are sometimes the daily menu for me on the run!

My brothers, sister and I all are grateful that we were pretty lean growing up and learned the core values of family, relationships, love and compassion for others, we wore hand-me-downs, learned to love God and believe in Jesus, and to live by the 10 commandments. We read the bible cover to cover. We gave to people less fortunate than ourselves. My mother brought the Amtrak down from Florence, OR on Friday to spend the holiday with us. She's 88. What a trooper! Her hearing has deteriorated, but her vision and ability to tell funny stories are acutely in tact. She's slowed up quite a bit, gets around in a walker for her safety. She marvels that we all turned out pretty well in spite of the "growing pains" we all experienced. Elvis and the Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show were just about more than she could stand, then came the hippy culture, the 60s, Vietnam era. Today is the day for all of you special mothers, grandmothers, and great-grand mothers out there. Thanks for putting up with all of us kids and our crazy shenanigans. Whether it was growing our hair long and smoking dope in the 70's or growing our hair long and smoking pot in the 90's (things don't change much), thanks for loving us anyway. Best wishes to all moms for a very special Mother's Day full of flowers, chocolate, an all you can eat brunch, and bottomless mimosas. Because if there's one thing we love, it's a slightly tipsy mom telling embarrassing stories about her children to strangers.

I feel very blessed to have so many great mothers in my lineage, on both sides. Where would be without our mothers!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.