Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Saul Leibowitz on 5/27/13 12:37am
Msg #471372

Has anyone else had trouble printing in Adobe with Windows 8 n/m

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 5/27/13 12:39am
Msg #471373

Re: Has anyone else had trouble printing in Adobe with Windows 8

As I was about to say when I hit the enter key:
I cannot print mixed sizes using Adobe for a loan package. I get all legal or all letter and I need to fix this in order to print without using Page Separator and having to put the package back together in order.
FWIW, I have a Brother HL5370DWT.
Thanks for any respones.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 5/27/13 2:53am
Msg #471375

Have you configured the drivers to work with your additional tray(s)? Whenever I have a new computer/device, I have to configure the whole thing again. Using Adobe Reader or any other program doesn't really matter... it's a matter of setting the drivers and trays. Same for Windows 8. I installed my dual trays on my Windows 8 tablet for wireless printing. Works just fine.

See: http://bit.ly/12XRjav

Reply by RickG/CA on 5/27/13 8:21am
Msg #471376

Be sure that the doc is opening with the Adobe Reader and not the "Reader" that is included in W8. The W8 reader will only print one size.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 5/27/13 10:23am
Msg #471381

Printer is set for legal in tray 1 and letter in tray 2 and "acknowledges" that and I am using adobe.
Obviously, some help is needed. Probably with the Brother various setting or when I open the "print" command on the package.
Any thoughts?

Reply by Janet Philamalee on 5/27/13 10:37am
Msg #471382

I am having the same issue with windows 8 and an HP1320. It sets up like it will pull from both trays but it will not actually do it.

Reply by Ali/IL on 5/27/13 11:22am
Msg #471384

Saul,I had the same problem in that the printer same as yours was only printing legal. I also have the legal on tray 1 and letter on tray 2. I had installed driver from cd that came with printer. I then installed the driver from the Brother site and that worked.
Of course I had been already using the printer on another pc.

Reply by Saul Leibowitz on 5/27/13 1:43pm
Msg #471392

I have downloaded the latest driver with help from Brother support on Friday. Same problem exists; perhaps I am not setting things up correctly. Before I go to FoxIt, please pm me what your settings are when you are ready to print and before you actually hit print. In other words, maybe I have something wrong that prevents the printer from working correctly. If you prefer and if possible you can email me a picture of what the screen looks like befoe you hit "print."
Thanks.

Reply by Stoli on 5/27/13 6:31pm
Msg #471409

Be sure and select "Choose paper source by PDF page size" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.