Help Needed! n/m
Go Back to May, 2013 Index

Posted by Audrey Turner on 5/30/13 10:51pm
Msg #471773

Help Needed! n/m

Reply by Audrey Turner on 5/30/13 10:58pm
Msg #471775

Re: Help Needed!

Hello everyone! I am in the process of waiting to receive my commission. I am a newbie and I am very excited about learning a trade. So with that being said I was wondering if you all could like give me a list of companies to start registering with. Also I have read many of your posts about the low ball fees so what is the lowest amount that I should except? And also how much do you charge for mileage. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help. By the way I'm in the Dallas area if that help any.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/30/13 11:01pm
Msg #471776

If you will send me a wire of $100,000 to my Money Market Account at Merrill Lynch, I'll be happy to send you all my well established contacts and relationships fostered for the past 13 years, blood, sweat and tears included!

Lots of luck, Audrey. Roll up your shirt sleeves, you're in for a steep learning curve here.

Reply by Audrey Turner on 6/3/13 10:24pm
Msg #472128

Thank You all for your advice I really appreciate. Another question!! Where can I find a an inexpensive laser printer?

Reply by leeinla on 5/30/13 11:02pm
Msg #471777

Read Message #33325. Also, go to different title companies in your area and give them your notary business card. You have to pound the pavement to build your business.

Wishing you all the best.

L.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 5/30/13 11:07pm
Msg #471779

Don't accept anything less than $125, and do it right.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 5/30/13 11:19pm
Msg #471780

Do exactly what leeinla said. Your newbie questions have been asked a million times already. You need to do the research here to find the answers. Read and research this board every day.

Mostly, refer to Signing Central .... find the companies with the most stars. Read the notary reviews before you sign up with them.

Reply by 101livescan on 5/30/13 11:25pm
Msg #471781

Seriously, only work for 4 and 5 star companies, bypass 1,2,3, some 3plus star companies are good.

Read this forum front to back and make note of the BAD COMPANIES.

Reply by MW/VA on 5/31/13 9:07am
Msg #471799

You need to be prepared to built a business from the

ground up. It's not like hanging out a shingle & the phone rings off the hook. Take your time & learn to do a thorough & complete job. This involved large amts. of money in these transactions, and I hope you give that the respect it deserves. Good luck! ;-)

Reply by NC_Closer on 5/31/13 10:26am
Msg #471809

Take the time and create a profile for starters

Even though you have no signing experience, surely you have some related experience you can write about in your profile.

Reply by CJ on 5/31/13 12:26pm
Msg #471827

How I did it.

When I started 12 years ago, I did not know about Notary Rotary. I got my commission and I cold-called 8 hours a day for 2 months straight before I got my first job. Everyone turned me down because I did not have experience. I searched through Google for signing services. I had no idea who was good or bad. I signed up with everyone and I told whatever pay they offered. I had no access to ratings.

I blew my first job. I was so nervous and ignorant about the docs that the borrower said, "This looks like a scam - I'm not signing". In retrospect, I'm sure the docs were fine, I was the one that was a wreck: He looked at me and didn't even bother to look at the docs. The second job (a few weeks later), I just handed the guy the whole stack and told him to take his time and read it. It took a few hours, but at least I completed the job. I wasn't doing anything else that day anyway.

We all learned the hard way. Call the people in Signing Central and read this forum every day, and you will learn a lot.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.